Where to buy Pre-Tied Roe bags?

jaysonmarion@gmail.com

Awesome.

I knew there was a store there but I had no idea what it was called or where it was.

Guess I'm headin to the dam again. :)

I'll be the guy with the yellow tacklebag + green/orange vest + steelback hat :)

Edited by Ultyma316

Hey Guys.

I am having a very hard time tying my own bags, and was wondering if anyone knew of a place In Brantford or close to Brantford that sells pre tied roe bags.

I'm planning on going out relatively soon so any help would be appreciated.

caledonia bait and tackle is the closest.barkies bait is a supplier in st creek.the cheapest around,he will tye them the way you want them,that is youre a reg customer.bills bait another great bunch of guys.

Definately learn to tie your own. The store tied ones SUCK for the most part and they are freakin expensive, I know a store that charges $7 for a dozen salmon bags, you could go through a dozen on smolts in 20 minutes, those roe robbin little buggers, lol.

Tying your own means you can manipulate size, shape and color for different locations and conditions.

Even if you dont have any of your own roe, you are far better off to buy it in bulk, buy 3 colours of mesh and the spider thread and all of that will cost you about $40 from which you can tie about 300-400 average size bags. So even if you only got 300 for $40, thats only $0.13 per bag, where as if if you paid only $4 for a dozen, thats $0.33 per bag (or at the store I reffered to $0.58 per bag).

From Bulk container and packaged mesh to tied bags in a container in the firdge I tie about 60 per hour, which is probably average. So the math dictates you should save ATLEAST $0.20 per bag and if you tie 60 per hour, which is only $12 savings for an hours work from the cheap store or $27 from the expensive store, so dont do it for the math. Although the Math does get a little better when you harvest a chinook and have enough for a whole season, lol.

Do it for the quality and versatility, its really not hard, once you tie one or 2 you wont look back.

Also try to think about who was tying them at the store....they could have been smoking all day or picking their ass while tying your roe bags,..Them troots wont like it. ;)

There is the possibility of minor satisfaction when you tie your own as well and land a nice fish, similiar, but to a much less degree to the flytier guys who tie their own vs. buying them for $2.

P.S., once you really get into this sport, if you do,..you will find alot or other ways to spend your money than on pre-tied roebags. ;)

Like stonefly had mentioned.once youve tied two or so your on your way.Experiment with colors and sizes.try different curing proceess.I have three that works great no chemicals at all.Some store bought are good if your a regular,ussually what is given is whats out of a piss jar.I know caledonia tie there roe that day or the night before.I had no issues.

i used to have trouble with it but it depended on what i used...do you have soft eggs?big enough netting? tying thread can be magic thread or elastice string from a crafts store...i prefer regular thread but it is much easier with the regular when you don't cut them before they are tied...wrap around 5 times, overlap the line and put the yarn holder through and over your netting and your done one

what the heck is that contraption? if its for Egg tying, how many does it do per hour? reminds me of those kids in school who couldnt roll joints, so they had a cigarette rolling machine,..lol.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

How many per hour depends on the user :) I can rip off a dozen in about 10mins... Makes tieing dozens of bags at one time extremely simple.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

How many per hour depends on the user :) I can rip off a dozen in about 10mins... Makes tieing dozens of bags at one time extremely simple.

I prefer to tie by hand,my average is 65 to 72 an hour, including prep time.after three hours.what i find at bait shops is they tie them too loose and cure quick.They make the kids tie them,seen that too often.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't that equate to about 60/hour? where is the benefit? are they better quality? I highly doubt it!!! must be some drawbacks? I usually do 2 sets of 30,....ok start the clock...lay out newspaper,..lay out paper towel,...lay out 30 squares of colours I want,...take my plastic spoon and drop any where from 1 to 6 eggs, depending on my plan,...then tie em up one by one, snip me all at the end. Its kindof like a production line. tell us how your Contraption works please....

I need to hear more about this device, if it doesnt produce better bags faster, then is it made for the half blind or feeble? lol,..or whats the story? I have a buddy that doesnt see the greatest so he uses some sort of hook tying device,..I've never looked to closely at it, but all I know is I retie about 10x faster and probably better with one eye closed, lol.

I need to hear more about this device, if it doesnt produce better bags faster, then is it made for the half blind or feeble? lol,..or whats the story? I have a buddy that doesnt see the greatest so he uses some sort of hook tying device,..I've never looked to closely at it, but all I know is I retie about 10x faster and probably better with one eye closed, lol.

Here's the machine in action.

As for the way I tie roe bags, I have one of those orange Melnak Bait makers for tying bags up with. I got one for Christmas when I was 12-13. I threw away the metal gate thingy and just use the hole in the orange plastic base. Put your sack material over top of the hole, put eggs in the middle, shove the eggs down into the middle of the hole with a finger and the mesh or scarfing folds up nice. Grasp the sack material just above the eggs, twist once and tie off with spider thread a couple times. Cut or snap the thread off and cut off excess sack material. The guys at the local shop have a roe tying table and do it this way...They've got 50 holes on their table to put mesh and eggs over which speeds things up even faster. Sure faster (at least for me) using the baitmaker base to fold the mesh up than trying to fiddle around with it on a flat table or the palm of your hand.

As other guys have said, it's a lot cheaper to tie up your own bags and far more versatile.