Ready, Aim, Miss!

Skud

Sat in the blind this afternoon after the Trail cam has shown that deer are coming in from 4:30pm till dark the last two days. Except today. I didn't see Whitetail but the Ruffed Grouse came by for a snack. On Misfish's recommendation I switched out my broadhead with a fieldpoint and took a shot. The first thing I noticed was that I missed because the bird flew a way unharmed. I also noticed that when I fired the bow it was really loud(probably why no deer showed up). My fist thought was that the top limb of the bow whacked the inside of the blind when fired but it wouldn't have made such a racket. I then noticed that I put my arrow through the blind at the bottom of the opening. Forgot I was aiming at the ground, not 3 feet up at a deer so the arrow hit about an inch to low to clear. It also explained why I missed the target which was less than 18 yards away. Satisfied with that explanation for the loud noise and the miss I sat till the daylight was gone. I took a walk over to where the Grouse was hoping to find my arrow. I did

Arrow.jpg

That's why it was so loud of a bang. I killed the (dead) tree that was about 6 feet in front of the bird. I was barely able to extract the arrow. It is still in good condition so I can use it again to get that critter.

I have a new Buck coming every night, a little 8 point. And I finally had the 9 point come in during shooting hours. Will be out again on Friday.

Little8point.jpg

Day9Point.jpg