So me an' Solo an' BillM we goes fishin' eh.

Paulus

So it was high time for some R&R last week, and when Solo told me he was heading up to some Huron tribs I was immediately aware of the best cure for a headache: Oncorhynchus Ibuprofenium Mykiss. That is, Steelhead!

PICT0283.jpg

Since I took my camera canoeing last time and had a little flotation issue (that is we capsized the canoe :blush: ), it just hasn't been the same. Miraculously, it still works - after now 2 thorough, very thorough and complete submergences - but there is an awful water spot right in the middle of the lens. In order not to see the spot, I need to point the camera away from any source of light and zoom to at least 4x. The only reason I still use it is because, at this point, it's basically disposable! I won't cry if it gets another dunking.

PICT0277.jpg

So, in short, I left most of the photography to Solo the computer guru ( :rolleyes: ), expecting one of his famous posts. When none came, I knew something was awry: he lost the pics! Worse: he pretty much lost all the pictures on his Hard Drive. I'm dropping by for a visit tomorrow, so hopefully I can fix it.

PICT0292.jpg

I would go on, as it was really quite a good day. We caught the river on the rise, with seemingly more and more fish coming in as the day went on. Most of them were bright, natural fish, but we also caught a number of stocked fish - one of which, interestingly, was clipped in the dorsal fin. This one (below) isn't it. I left it up to Solo to get a picture of that one. :glare:

PICT0287.jpg

Bill missed the highlight of the day :dunno: . He left early on account of certain sections of his anatomy turning various shades of blue: he was freezing his butt off. That was no surprise, as we had a mix of precipitation that included rain, snow, ice pellets and sleet. Top it off with a howling wind, sometimes topping 40km/h, and I guess most of us who stuck it out that day watched some part of ourselves assume abnormal coloration. Less than an hour after Solo and I endeavoured to continue freezing (and catching fish) we had an awesome double header, with two sweet fish brought to the bank. There is no picture of this wonderful event, so you're just going to have to take my word for it. :angel:

PICT0294.jpg

If my attempts at resuscitating Solo's hard drive are successful, I can hopefully prevail upon him to provide proof of the event.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the few pics I got and most of my inane blabbering.

Oh yeah. No more headache: go figure!!!

p.-

Edited by Paulus

Nice fish bud...the hat, not so much! :lol:

He's right Paul, the hat's gay!!!!!!

Couldn't be any gayer if it was rainbow coloured and covered with Rue Paul pictures!!!!!!

laughingdog.gif

VINDICATION!

HAHAHAHA!!

Beyond the hat it was an outstanding day. That particular river can be a tough nut to crack at times, when it's going good the success is extra special.

The power of those fish were amazing.

Hopefully you have better luck retrieving the pic's bud. If you do I'll post a few more..