Mustang

fishinfool

Well the wife asked me what I wanted for Xmas this year and I told her I wanted a survival suit for ice fishing.

After a lot of hunting and some help from the members here, we finally made a decision and bought one.

An early Xmas gift that I won't get to try for a while yet, I hope!!

She bought me a Mustang HX Integrity from Gagnon Sports. It was pretty expensive but I got to try it on and then she

put it away and said I can't see it again until Dec 25, bummer.

Anyone here have an HX that can tell me what to expect.

hopefully you never have to expect it to work....cant help ya out with the comfort level as im a HH kinda guy....oh and let me be the first to say ...bahhh humbug...but merry christmas anyways...lol...46 days will go by fast

Edited by Twocoda

hopefully you never have to expect it to work....cant help ya out with the comfort level as im a HH kinda guy....oh and let me be the first to say ...bahhh humbug...but merry christmas anyways...lol...46 days will go by fast

...and a bahhh humbug to you too. lol

I was originally looking for a HH but couldn't get my hands on my size, there doesn't seem to be too many local places with stock.

I don't plan on using the keep dry feature either haha, I mostly got it for warmth.

I was looking at the Helly Hansen also but I did find them heavier and more difficult to move in.

I bought the pricey Mustang Integrity also worst mistake I ever made was buying a yellow suit.

It is a comfortable suit.When you walk a far distance in the winter you will find out quickly how warm these suits are.

The board members have come up with many names for me ever since. :lol:

We expect many fishing reports now that you will be safer.

MTP

I was looking at the Helly Hansen also but I did find them heavier and more difficult to move in.

I bought the pricey Mustang Integrity also worst mistake I ever made was buying a yellow suit.

It is a comfortable suit.When you walk a far distance in the winter you will find out quickly how warm these suits are.

We expect many fishing reports now that you will be safer.

MTP

Hirk's in Courtice had a HH but it was 2XL, a little too big for me.

When I held it up, it weighed about 50 percent more than the Mustang Integrity so I know you're right about that.

I don't know if heavier means warmer but there was a big difference in the two for sure.

I paid almost $500.00 for my suit and for that money I would hope it does more than just keep me warm.

Maybe it has magic fingers in the right area or something, I can only hope...

and by the way, I bought mine in red and black, just figured there was enough pumpkins on the ice last year. lol

Edited by fishinfool

...hope to never find out how buoyant it is...

Actually, it's one of the first things you should do with any floatsuit or PFD for that matter. Get yourself to an indoor pool somewhere (or outdoor pool or lake in warmer temps) and find out how it floats. The peace of mind is worth it. Don't forget, you could be unconscious when you hit the water.

MTP

I hope you never have to find out, but that bright yellow might save your life someday Mike!

... and if the members on this board weren't ragging you about a yellow suit... we'd find something else... ;)

Actually, it's one of the first things you should do with any floatsuit or PFD for that matter. Get yourself to an indoor pool somewhere (or outdoor pool or lake in warmer temps) and find out how it floats. The peace of mind is worth it. Don't forget, you could be unconscious when you hit the water.

I have to admit Roy that you make a very good point there.

I just don't see myself jumping into the water in my brand new suit just yet!!

Maybe when the novelty wears off a little. lol

SS

I have to admit Roy that you make a very good point there.

I just don't see myself jumping into the water in my brand new suit just yet!!

Maybe when the novelty wears off a little. lol

SS

No worries Bud. Of course it's not mandatory to do this but it really is comforting to know that if you do get into some trouble, you'll float, right side up with your face out of the water. Just a hint.