Kenora area cottage rental

bigfish1965

I have a friend (who I will vouch for) looking for a cottage in the Kenora area on a lake with drive to access to rent. Needs to accommodate two families with kids (total of eight people). Any leads appreciated and maybe you can have extra PM space or a get-out-of-jail free card and stuff if you can help..lol.

Has your friend tried any of the cottage rental websites Rick?

I have two or three that I use and they are super handy. Let me know and I will post the links if required.

Jim

They mentioned they had tried that route last summer, but the cottage owners rarely returned email inquiries or phone calls. But perhaps there are some sites they did not know about... links would be good :)

Hi Rick, I just recieved my copy of the latest Lake of the Woods Area News. It has a classified section init that list a pile of cottages for rent in it/ I would suggest you call the publisher of the magazine or email her and she could send you either a copy of the magazine or send you a fax of the listings.

Her name is Gerry Wilson and she is a great gal. Tell her that I (Bill Blower) gave you her name , her and I have worked for years on projects .

her phone number is 807-468-4189 and her email is [email protected]

She spends her winters in Canmore AB but I know she checks her emails regularly.

In the issue I just got there are 25 listings for rental properties.

I hope this helps

• 3 months later...

Rick, they can check out Redden's Camp, it's about 10 minutes east of Kenora on old highway 17, it's on Longbow lake which has pretty good fishing and there is a boat railway (owned by Redden) that takes you to Lake Of The Woods. It is clean and the cottages aren't too bad at all. The store at Redden's has gas, bait, basic groceries, tons of trinkets and trash, and is an agent for the LCBO. The people there are nice. I know the place well because that's where I'd take the kids for popsicles and ice cream when visiting the outlaws up on LOTW. They'll need to get cracking because the place books up quick. I think the waiting list for the trailer park is something like 2 years. PM me if you need more info.

reddenscamp.com

Times 2 on the Long Bow lake....Lake of the Woods can be quite windy, so being able to fish on Longbow or take the conveyer belt to Lake of the Woods is a handy option. Would also suggest fishing for pan sized pickeral around the town docks at sunset.

Found Redden's Camp to be pretty 'cheek by jowl' with little space, but to each their own. They are very nice people, good store, LCBO and gas. I believe they also sell Nav charts there or else the Husky in town.

Not Kenora but I stayed at Crawford Camp at Sioux Narrows in Sept, as far as fishing resort go, everything you need, bait tackle, advice, boats, ice etc. The older lady at the shop will even do a grocery run for you if you run out for free. Its nothing fancy, price is right I would go back!!

It all depends on how old the kids are, if they are really young, all day hardcore fishing trips are not really in the books. From Redden's, there is a nice little beach, Rushing River Provincial Park is nearby and it is really pretty. There is lots to do nearby and town is 10 minutes away with a WalMart, Canadian Tire, grocery stores, the waterfront, etc...