Great Deal on Rods

mbac31

not sure if anyone else hass had this experience but I had one of their new signature walleye rods. I bought it a BPS. the first trip out it snapped. I got hung up on weeds and went to pull free next thing I know snap and I'm holding on to two pieces. I was with another board member and we both were shocked on how easy it snapped. I took it back (of course BPS exchanged it) but I went with another brand. Hopefully I'm the exception and now the rule

Could have been a knick/crack/fissure in the rod when you bought it that just snapped at that weak spot. May not be a manufacturing issue. I dunno man, alot of people handle those rods in the store, and also in the process of being shipped if it was bought thru a catalogue.......so even though its a brand new rod to you, its been handled. Probably not very well handled if you bought if from a retail location where lots of customers touch and feel and put down.

I can't buy a rod based on it's description. I need to pick it up and hold it in my hand to know if it's right for me. Years back I broke a Loomis rod (which I loved) and sent it back. That model was discontinued so they sent me what they felt was the closest thing. I have never been able to get into the feel of that rod. It's a good peice but it simply not what I would have choosen.

Besides...for $100 I can buy two Abu Garcia combos from Crappy Tire. If your father-in-law broke as many rods as mine does (two this year and three last) you'd buy cheap rods too. ;)

Edited by Fishnwire

I love my Techna Rods. Very Very light and very sensitive. Plus backed with a full Lifetime warranty

I will never buy a Fenwick rod again. Broke 2 and had the worst experience trying to get them replaced. It took the better part of a year to get a replacement on the first one and I gave up on the second one. Broke a couple of Shimanos and had them replaced in a matter of days. Good customer service speaks volumes.

i have their 7' MH - which, unfortunately, isn't one of the rods listed on sale. i have an old curado 201 on it and pretty much only use it in the spring for pike but it's a good little rod. if i ever bass fished, it'd see much more use. it's very light, i've not had any issues and have caught several pike over 40" on it.

Tell him to buy his own, your already married to his daughter so you don't need to be nice anymore :lol:

He's probably only got a season or two left in him. As long as he's strong enough to break rods I'll keep supplying them. Also, He sold me the camp at about half of market value two years back so I figure a couple of rods are not a big deal.

Also, He sold me the camp at about half of market value two years back so I figure a couple of rods are not a big deal.

Finding any property near water (assuming camp is on a lake) that isnt an arm and a leg these days is rare . Getting it at half price? WOW. Your in that guys debt forever. Your right, a fishing rod or two a year is peanuts. Good way to look at it

Finding any property near water (assuming camp is on a lake) that isn't an arm and a leg these days is rare . Getting it at half price? WOW. Your in that guys debt forever. Your right, a fishing rod or two a year is peanuts. Good way to look at it

Money is just paper. The old man and his chums (all dead now) put so much sweat equity into that place that it would be hard to put a dollar value on it. They didn't have a generator back then so they had to built the place without the benefit of power tools...and had to cut over 3 km of trail before they could start. Not only is it on the water but is so secluded that it could almost be described as a private lake. I'd let him bust a hundred crappy rods and wouldn't complain.