Closing day report

timmeh

It's a few days late but since my camera is working again I thought I'd post my latest outing. Figured I'd hit the upper tribs before they closed so I went out last weekend. Was mostly in search of specks but had a nice surprise at the end of the day.

Didn't take pics of all the specks but here are a few... Didn't get any real big specks but a few nice ones in the 8-10" range.

100_0742.jpg

100_0741.jpg

This next pic is quite interesting. I thought I had an average fish when all of a sudden it started to pull twice as hard...

100_0704.jpg

Apparently the hook went through the chubs mouth and a brookie tried to steal it...

Managed to get into a couple little resident bows like this guy.

100_0746.jpg

Apparently I wasn't the only one interested in closing weekend. These guys showed up to see what was going on...

100_0706.jpg

100_0716.jpg

And finally on to the last fish of the day, which turned out to be quite a nice surprise. I had hiked my way to a small log jam I found earlier this spring that had a few brookies around to check it out. First cast I get a nice hit and I knew I had a nice sized fish on. I was hoping to see my PB brookie but instead found a nice brown. I wasn't too disappointed though :D. Was fishing by myself so I couldn't get a good pic and wanted to release him ASAP so here's the best I could do.

100_0743.jpg

As always when fishing for these smaller trout single barbless hooks were the order of the day. And all fish were put back right were I found them. Now it's time to start thinking about those bigger trout. :)