P-Line

MCTFisher9120

Hey, bought some 15lb P-Line Fluoroclear fishing line today, going to be using it on my 6'6M casting combo and on my 7'MH spinning combo. Just spooled up the spinning rod and it seems to feel and be limp enough.

Just asking to see what some member have to say about P-Line. From what I hear there fluorocarbon line is top notch.

Just wanting feedback,

MTBF

Hey Mike......I have used that line before, I find it a little to stiff, but youll like the lack of stretch and feel.

Remember most flouro isn't as impact resistant as mono so try not to cross their eyes too hard!

I bought some line conditioner to try out on the spools of flouro I have, Ill tell you how I make out.

Vanish??? really??? wait... that was a joke right? :P:whistling:

LOL, o GCD seriously kiddo. Vanish = crap.

Never mind breaking my line I just want a fish at the end of the line. This river is a tough place to fish and since the rain a few days back this cold front has shut down the bass here in the river. Hopefully tomorrow some slow cranks, senkos, and a few other tricks will get a bite or two...my last fish of 2009 Can't be a 4lb Largemouth...I need something bigger :P

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Sorry to hear that Mike, P line is short for piss on this line!!!... you shoulda bought Vanish!!!

Note To Self: Although I've always suspected the Dawg really doesn't have a clue, today at 00:36 Zulu Oct.02/09 my suspicions have been proven true.

Vanish??? really??? wait... that was a joke right? :P:whistling:

No...I think he really meant it....shudder.............

I tried Floroclear this year, and it was okay. Nicked & frayed like a IQ challenged though, I went back to Tuf Line brain with 15' of PLine Flourocarbon. Floroclear is still light years ahead of Vanish, shudder.

I suggest that you take 4 feet of 15 lb test fluorocarbon P-Line and stretch between your arms and then do the same with some Berkley XL. You will find that they are very similar in elasticity. XL is very elastic. The reason that fluorocarbon line is not as shock resistant is the fact that it is not as strong as mono and the knot strength is terrible. Quit believing what the companies that sell the stuff say. If they were selling cars, they would be in jail. I'm actually surprised that no one has ever taken some of these companies to court.

Sure....with 15 lb test line....you might find that it is strong but when you go down to 6 lb test and compare it to 4 lb mono....you will quickly find out that 4 lb mono is better than 6 lb test fluorocarbon.

Try some simple tests at home....on the kitchen table. Compare 15 lb test fluorocarbon against 10 lb test mono.

I suggest that you take 4 feet of 15 lb test fluorocarbon P-Line and stretch between your arms and then do the same with some Berkley XL. You will find that they are very similar in elasticity. XL is very elastic. The reason that fluorocarbon line is not as shock resistant is the fact that it is not as strong as mono and the knot strength is terrible. Quit believing what the companies that sell the stuff say. If they were selling cars, they would be in jail. I'm actually surprised that no one has ever taken some of these companies to court.

Sure....with 15 lb test line....you might find that it is strong but when you go down to 6 lb test and compare it to 4 lb mono....you will quickly find out that 4 lb mono is better than 6 lb test fluorocarbon.

Try some simple tests at home....on the kitchen table. Compare 15 lb test fluorocarbon against 10 lb test mono.

Will do, I was just looking for a good line to use for spinnerbaits and things like senkos, jerkbaits maybe and buzzbaits. Hope it works out, thanks though! I have used mono for a long time, this is a mono type line with fluorocarbon coating on it. Might be different then straight fluoro but we will see what happens.

Thanks for the response,

MTBF

Will do, I was just looking for a good line to use for spinnerbaits and things like senkos, jerkbaits maybe and buzzbaits. Hope it works out, thanks though! I have used mono for a long time, this is a mono type line with fluorocarbon coating on it. Might be different then straight fluoro but we will see what happens.

Thanks for the response,

MTBF

Ok....it's a co-polymer line. I used a co-polymer line a long time ago when they first came out and didn't like it. If I want a hard line, I use Berkley XT.

I cut my lines with my teeth....up to 20 lb test. Been doing that for as long as I can remember. I can tell if a line is soft or hard and even if it's abrasion resistant. I can't cut Fireline nor braided line....lol. However, a pike still can. Especially those 3 to 6 lb pike.

:lol: ah you funny guy you. GCD, why don't you come up here to Canada and try out some largemouth fishing, it seems with the short eating season the majority of the fish we catch are much bigger than your "southern" fish...Thought they are bigger there...Ah well, have fun with your vanish, seems to be your skill in fishing has the same property's as that fishing line...Disappears once it hits the water :lol:

Ok, when was the last time you caught (if ever) anything this big???

CopyofDSC01642.jpg

One of the fillets off of your "chump size" bass would've made a nice cut bait for this BMF!!! (Bad Mother Fish)

You have my permission to print this photo out... but don't fold it in half before you go to sleep, you'll never get the 2 halves unstuck!!! :rolleyes:

Yes you caught a nice Bass... but as far as it being a "big fish", it isn't!!! :w00t:

FYI... what I said about P line is true, it's extremely weak!!!

... and about the language in my earlier post... it's the way "grown-ups" talk, you may want to get used to that!... Mama's apron strings won't be around forever yanno. :rolleyes:

Edited by GCD

Ok, when was the last time you caught (if ever) anything this big???

CopyofDSC01642.jpg

One of the fillets off of your "chump size" bass would've made a nice cut bait for this BMF!!! (Bad Mother Fish)

You have my permission to print this photo out... but don't fold it in half before you go to sleep, you'll never get the 2 halves unstuck!!! :rolleyes:

Yes you caught a nice Bass... but as far as it being a "big fish", it isn't!!! :w00t:

Does this qualify as a big fish ma brotha Nice cat though GCD, would love to tangle with something of that muscle...but Salmon wil give u the run of your life

I have had nothing but bad luck with p-line maybe i got a couple bad spools :dunno:

for the most part if i am not using braid i use trilene xt on cranking rods.

Almost use seagar exclusivly as leader material, but if were to spool up with any flouro it would be silver thread it been the nicest casting to date for me, though i have heard good things about the newer trilene pro grade.

I have had nothing but bad luck with p-line maybe i got a couple bad spools :dunno:

for the most part if i am not using braid i use trilene xt on cranking rods.

Almost use seagar exclusivly as leader material, but if were to spool up with any flouro it would be silver thread it been the nicest casting to date for me, though i have heard good things about the newer trilene pro grade.

:thumbsup_anim: totally agree with ecmilley pretty much the same thing I do ,I was starting to wonder my self if it was just me or actually the line I was having a problem with ,I really dont like P-line but thats just my opinion.

Hey Mike:

I've used different P-Line products over the past. Here's what I've found:

- Fluoroclear is NOT a pure fluorocarbon.Rather a fluorocarbon core surrounded by copolymer. It's stretchy, similar to Trilene XL as someone had pointed out earlier. Positive side is that stretchiness makes it manageable especially in spinning reels. Bad side is that same stretchiness may not be as good on long distance hooksets or hard hooksets.

- CXX is a copolymer and it's stiff, similar to Trilene XT. It's very abrasion resistant and has very low stretch, and has a larger average diameter compared to other P-Line products. I would suggest using this line only in baitcasting gear, as it may be too springy and hard to control on spinning gear.

- CX is a mix between fluorocarbon and copolymer. It's a compromise between Fluoroclear and CXX.

- Fluorocarbon is 100% fluorocarbon, and it's got low stretch and is pretty stiff, and abrasion resistant like all other 100% fluoros from other companies. The only downside is its price, whereas Fluoroclear, CXX and CX costs around $10-$13 a spool, 100% fluoro will run you $18-$22 for a spool.

I would recommend you (if you can) return the Fluoroclear, and get the CXX in Moss Green in 12lbs. The diameter is equivalent to 15lbs in other lines. It'll suit the power fishing style in your baitcasting gear. Cheers!