First Brown this Fall.

KelfuN

had a couple hours to fish today so i headed to the "local" trib to wet some lines.

didn't even see a salmon in sight..it could possibly be due to the dirty water, but not even one!!

couple drifts with a pinky in a calm pool and hooked into this fella.

IMG00144-20091001-1331.jpg

the fish is about 4lbs with a mean kype!

IMG00146-20091001-1331.jpg

back in the drink he goes

IMG00148-20091001-1332.jpg

walked the river a bit more after, caught a 2lb rainbow and that was it...

still very surprised I didn't see one salmon in sight

Nice colours on that fish; too bad about the back drop. I see your reel got a nice surface to rest on. You should have extended that same courtesy to the fish also!!

Could someone please explain to me why pinners feel compelled to include their reels in the fish pics??!! This really irks me.

Before I get flamed by the pin posse, I'm not trying to find fault in your pic, it's a real nice fish and good on you for releasing him; the release shot is nice too.

If that one bank shot with the fish in the mud by your pride reel could have been omitted, I'd have nothing but props to give. :)

cheers

HD

Nice fish bud fun times we had this year so far.

I don’t get it what’s the big deal about having a reel in the picture isn’t the fish what matters who cares if the reels in the pic with it. Maybe he’s proud to display his one of a kind kingpin that only a pimp like kelfun could have lol.

Nice colours on that fish; too bad about the back drop. I see your reel got a nice surface to rest on. You should have extended that same courtesy to the fish also!!

Could someone please explain to me why pinners feel compelled to include their reels in the fish pics??!! This really irks me.

Before I get flamed by the pin posse, I'm not trying to find fault in your pic, it's a real nice fish and good on you for releasing him; the release shot is nice too.

If that one bank shot with the fish in the mud by your pride reel could have been omitted, I'd have nothing but props to give. :)

cheers

HD

I agree too man...

Nice fish though.

Nice fish bud fun times we had this year so far.

I don’t get it what’s the big deal about having a reel in the picture isn’t the fish what matters who cares if the reels in the pic with it. Maybe he’s proud to display his one of a kind kingpin that only a pimp like kelfun could have lol.

No big deal at all dude. We've all seen the reel in the avatar and the report to go with it. Maybe I should change my avatar to show off my Able ported just for kicks eh?!! B)

What I'm getting at is the time it took to get this shot ready. Fish is flopping around in the mud and budday's thinking about including his pin and giving it a nice cushy surface for the money shot, instead of properly handling the fish.

You can revive a fish all ya want and watch it swim off, but the mud stuck in the gills... Do you think he carefully washed that off before putting the fish back??

Tape measure would seem most accurate to me. I'll admit though i have done the reel "hero" shot a few times myself.

Sure we've all done it.. :D Like Stonefly said, it gives a good impression of the fishe's size and we all like to show off our gear. It's one of the reasons we buy premium stuff to begin with.

My bearings aren't sealed though, so I guess in wanting to avoid getting sand in the reel, I keep it in the water, along with the fish...

That is a real nice brown trout there, probably a little larger than usual.

Personally I think the reel is a good frame of Reference to see the size of the fish,..thats the reason I do it,..big or small. :D

I thought the reel was used as a frame of reference to judge the size of the fish as well, it works here.

thanks for all the comments guys, both positive and negative..

silvio, we should hit up the rivers after this weekend..enough fish are upppp

i can explain the reason with the muddy background..

i was fishing at a pool with sinking mud on the bank, and i was alone, so landing the fish that was way was my only choice. i'm sure i fished enough to properly handle fish, the camera and the reel pouch was ready right when i landed the fish and the fish was on the shore for at most 15 seconds.

i could've taken my sweet time wiping all the mud off the fish for a nice picture. this is why you see all the mud on my pin and my rod.

nevertheless, the fish swam away harmless.

Nice work !!! Is it just me or does that Fish look kinda beat up? Old maybe he is just old? His belly looks all mangled,...maybe one of those salmon I saw attacking each other got to him...LOL

Thats how Male brownies look in full spawn colours, and yes they do beat themselves up alittle during the spawn.

by the way nice fish