Had a GREAT weekend!

NAW

So I’ve been posting on this forum since June, and I haven’t really introduced myself to the community.

So I thought I would take a quick minute and tell you about the great weekend I had. It pretty well sums up the kind of guy I am. It's to bad I forgot the camera.

On Friday nightI headed up to an old, thought to be abandoned, hunt camp near my cottage for the duck hunting opener. I got there at night, just after sunset. First I set up the koys and my new duck blind for its first duck hunt. Then I came ashore, and started a fire. There were way too many roots, and sharp points to set up a tent. So I just slept in the open beside the fire. That was a great experience. A first time for me doing this sober.

It turns out the camp I thought was abandoned, was actually still in use. About an hour and half before shooting time, and I’m greeted by a pissed off hunter hollering at me from the other side of the bay. “You’re in my Blind… You got balls boy…”. The hunt went well. I was able to drop 4 wood ducks.

After the hunt, this other hunter came buy an introduced him self. He had a very recognizable face. After I told him I wasn’t a city slicker, and I’ve had a family cottage on the lake since the early 30’s, he turned into a very nice guy. Turns out he was the guy from the Survivor Man episode where they did the “lost hunters” scenario.

I took off after that friendly discussion, and headed for the boat launch.

I figured I’d stop by a new weed bed I’d found a few weeks earlier. On my first cast landed a 4 Lb pike. A few more drifts of the weed bed, and I landed 6 lb pike. Both on a meps spinner, in 15-20 feet. The few weeks before it was endless bass, and now pike. I think I might have found a honey hole.

Figured that was enough of a good thing, and headed back home.

It was a great peaceful start to the weekend. I made it home just after lunch on Saturday. The rest of the weekend was spent working around the house, and a little wife appreciation on Sunday.

Anyway, hope you enjoy reading about my weekend. I look forward to being an active member of this community.

F-is-H

P.S. You'l find that I have horrible grammer. Possibly some of the worst on this forum. Sorry about this in advace for all future posts.

Edited by F to the Is-H

So I’ve been posting on this forum since June, and I haven’t really introduced myself to the community.

So I thought I would take a quick minute and tell you about the great weekend I had. It pretty well sums up the kind of guy I am. It's to bad I forgot the camera.

On Friday nightI headed up to an old, thought to be abandoned, hunt camp near my cottage for the duck hunting opener. I got there at night, just after sunset. First I set up the koys and my new duck blind for its first duck hunt. Then I came ashore, and started a fire. There were way too many roots, and sharp points to set up a tent. So I just slept in the open beside the fire. That was a great experience. A first time for me doing this sober.

It turns out the camp I thought was abandoned, was actually still in use. About an hour and half before shooting time, and I’m greeted by a pissed off hunter hollering at me from the other side of the bay. “You’re in my Blind… You got balls boy…”. The hunt went well. I was able to drop 4 wood ducks.

After the hunt, this other hunter came buy an introduced him self. He had a very recognizable face. After I told him I wasn’t a city slicker, and I’ve had a family cottage on the lake since the early 30’s, he turned into a very nice guy. Turns out he was the guy from the Survivor Man episode where they did the “lost hunters” scenario.

I took off after that friendly discussion, and headed for the boat launch.

I figured I’d stop by a new weed bed I’d found a few weeks earlier. On my first cast landed a 4 Lb pike. A few more drifts of the weed bed, and I landed 6 lb pike. Both on a meps spinner, in 15-20 feet. The few weeks before it was endless bass, and now pike. I think I might have found a honey hole.

Figured that was enough of a good thing, and headed back home.

It was a great peaceful start to the weekend. I made it home just after lunch on Saturday. The rest of the weekend working around the house, and a little wife appreciation on Sunday.

Anyway, hope you enjoy reading about my weekend. I look forward to being an active member of this community.

F-is-H

P.S. You'l find that I have horrible grammer. Possibly some of the worst on this forum. Sorry about this in advace for all future posts.

I find that you have horrible picture taking abilities and like to murder little birdies!!!... have you ever "shot and released" any kind of game???

Digital cameras aren't expensive nowadays, you should get one!

... they turn a "hunka-junk words"report into something beautiful!!!

Exactly what I was thinking.

The last time I brought my camera fishing, I got skunked. And to boot, I left my $1000 SLR sitting on the dock by the boat launch. Thankfully it was returned to me later that day.

What I need is a cheap, waterproof digital camera.