Destroyed By Mr Musky

MCTFisher9120

Mike, I would recommend getting yourself a good musky set up before you fish for them. Sure you can catch them but you do not want to kill a fish or get your feelings hurt . Make sure you have 2 sets of long nosed pliers and a good set up hook cutters. You never know what could happen when you are out there.

Last weekend I was using a 8" topwater looked down and saw this

September-JacksonsBirthdayWeeken-3.jpg

without the proper gear the fish would of not made it and my excitment would of turned to sadness.

Just a heads up man, do not want you to get hurt.

without the proper gear the fish would of not made it and my excitment would of turned to sadness.

I agree. I feel sick if I think a fish won't make it. Funny how when you work so hard for something you value it more...kind of like life. Get the proper tools so you don't sit there staring at a big fish saying what the hell am I gonna do now!

I love the reel you have I bought one last summer used it once and headed back for another they are great for twitching LSC or jigging two rods I bought a buddy one for his wedding gift and he also loves it. I know Angling outfitters has them on sale for a good price right now both hands

Looks like you found a decent spot for fishing while attending school. The post below should be paid attention too as proper landing and release tools will help in future battles with musky.

Mike, I would recommend getting yourself a good musky set up before you fish for them. Sure you can catch them but you do not want to kill a fish or get your feelings hurt . Make sure you have 2 sets of long nosed pliers and a good set up hook cutters. You never know what could happen when you are out there.

Hope you got that musky catching on film Crazyhook...

Looks like you found a decent spot for fishing while attending school. The post below should be paid attention too as proper landing and release tools will help in future battles with musky.

Hope you got that musky catching on film Crazyhook...

:):) :) :) :)

will be on the Kayak fishing show in Jan...

If the fish got hung up I would bet the braid was sliced by a zebra mussel, especailly anywhere on the BOG. Like a hot knife through butter.

Also, if you are a flipping guy and right handed, you maybe should of a bought a left handed basitcast reel. Especially if you are just learning baitcaters to begin with.

Edited by Harrison

What is that? I'm confused lol