If you were going to get a...

GBW

Hey all.

So today I was out with my father and he told me when the time comes to sell the cottage he is going to give me his Northstar Scorpion 185 bowrider boat. So now I need to start rolling my change for a new bow mount trolling motor. The problem is what to get? The bow is a seat section but I can add a deck to it that can pop out. The key is that it must pop out so I can take my kids out on the boat either fishing or tubing. Any thoughts ideas? Thanks.

Geoff

there are models that will give you the install features you need. For power though I wouldn't go less than 70lb and 24 volt. Ive fished in various boats that have 40-55lb 12V systems and if you plan to venture out in any weeds or winds you'll wish you'd have spent the extra money.

The higher lb thrust motors tend to also have infinte speed control and in Minn Kota, the maximizer system to prolong battery life

I was faced with this dilemma a couple few years back.........i built a custom aluminum bracket and bolted on a 65 lb thrust power drive 60" shaft (i believe) 24 volt system.

Bracket was a project for sure.

I dont have any issues with thrust, but would have maxed it out if i could do it over. The footpedal on this unit is a bit cumbersome.........and the deployment is a sheer pain in the arse. But it doesnt bother me so much that i cant sleep at night.

Nippissing059.jpg

Nippissing121.jpg