well got lucky today but there is spots on the fillet

skinny

ok so was out in the ponds today fishing and had some luck . 9 bass 1 pike . saved a few to cook up on a later date . when I cleaned them one has shown up with black spots on the fillet tis was on the skin side .can someone tell me what it is is it ok or not . I baged up the spotted fillets on there own just in case this means they are no good

http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/publications/590b14.pdf

Please see Page 15, "Black spot". It also appears in fins and sometime in scales. So sometimes we can see black spots before skin the fish. Some of fish, like yellow perch and pike, from warm shallow ponds have the black spot. Much less in cold, deep and clean water.

Edited by fishing

The yellowy spots in the flesh are the live parasite. The black spot is the remnant after they die. Both are absolutely harmless to humans. Cook your fish properly and all is good.

The warmer and shallower the water is in which a fish resides, the greater the number of little yellow worms.

i believe they are some type of parasite but they are more of a skin thing and dont normall go deep into the actual meat. i cant say for sure what it is but ive been told you can eat fish like that with no problems, ive been eating them like that for years and i still feel fine!

yeah.. you FEEL fine...

but what about those dots on your forehead :lol: