Simcoe water level

Cudz

Water level is down in Simcoe considerably. They drain it every fall for what I assume is so the ice does not damage properties or flood come spring (not really sure). Anyway Simcoe is a big lake and to make it drop by over 1 foot you have to move lots of water.

Where does it go?

How do they do it so fast? Seems like they do it in a day or two. (where is the big plug? lol)

What a pain launching the boat yesterday by myself. Had to pretty put exhaust underwter to get boat off trailer.

Chris water level was down yesterday at the lake we were in and made the launch a whole lot shallower then what it was this past July. Ontario Hydro just like QC are regulating the levels. They open the dams at full throttle and doesn't take long for it to drop to what they consider an acceptable level.

My sister has a cottage on one the reservoir up by Lac St-Marie and they drop it several feet come fall :w00t: My brother in law has to tie his boat dock fairly secure before they close the cottage up in September..... the dock actually sits on dry land when Hydro QC are done with the drainage. Come spring, you have 8 to 10 feet of water at the end of the dock.

Jacques

The water has dropped the last few years earlly due to(what I was told) to help with the lake trout spawn. I was told that, before they started dropping the water in late Sept/earlly oct,thier eggs where left dry rocked.

There has been alot more naturals caught in the last couple of years,so this could be true.