Cumara

JohnF

I want to get a nice spinning rod for finesse type baits. The one I had decided on seems to be hard to find so being the impatient soul I am I thought perhaps a Cumara would serve for the nonce (because it's on the rack and only a little bit more money). Any thoughts pro or con, or suggestions of anything better for the money?

I should have said that I've done a search and read the previous posts about them but most deal more with the trigger rod line, not spinning (except for one person who said theirs broke too easily).

JF

Edited by JohnF

I really like St Croix rods myself, and they are similar in price for a nice rod. I have an Avid series which I use for finesse work. For less money the premier series rods are also very nice. I have one of these as well and I honestly can't feel much of a difference between this and the avid.

if you like it get it, it is an awesome rod and will give you years of service, I was going to grab one but ended up with a legend elite st.croix and that was just because the shimano core reel felt more balanced on the croix, but most of the high end stuff feels good

Although I don't personally own a Cumara (I prefer 2-piece rods for travel convenience), I think it's difficult to go wrong with Shimano's Cumara line. On paper, they seem to be a good value for a high-performance rod.

High quality components, light weight and a modern, yet understated appearance, I'm sure it would be a pleasure to fish all day. Plus, a solid warranty should give you the confidence and peace of mind to fish it aggressively.

And dammit -- you deserve to treat yourself to something nice once in a while. Am I right? :clapping: