Carp Fishing this weekend

jaysonmarion@gmail.com

Hey Everyone.

I think I'm going to take the wifey out for some Carp fishing this weekend, shes never caught a BIG fish and I think she would have a blast :)

Does anyone know any popular places to go around Brantford?

Its been forever since I've caught a carp, and even then I wasn't targeting them specifically, so I'm a bit rusty on techniques/bait. Any tips as well would be helpful :)

I moved here from England couple years ago, and I used to catch a lot of carp there either on float tackle fished on the bottom with bread paste balls/sweetcorn or floating bread crusts by lily pads. I'm guessing its the same here (though too obsessed with bass to really go after carp here)

I am not famoliar with the Brantford area but if you are near the Grand River system there are lots of carp in some areas...I'm sure there are some OFC carpers that can inform you...Guys ???

Delmonte Summersweet corn works well...No Name is cheaper...

Edited by Beans

It's probably a little late now, but you can't get much simpler than 3-4 kernels of canned corn threaded onto a size 6 hook and an egg sinker 8-12 inches further up the line. Other baits you could try are bread, dough balls (lots of recipes online) or chick peas.

Keep a close eye on your rod and stay close to it...Seriously!

I'm not too familiar with the Brantford area so I can't help you much there.

Also not familiar with the area but up on Seymour all I did was throw out a hand full or two of corn into a specific spot and then waited maybe 10 minutes...put some corn onto my hook and cased it to the area the corn was at...wait and u will feel a distinct thump then listen for the reel to start to scream!

Good Luck,

Mike