salmon/steelhead

fishinguypat

to be honest, no one's going to tell you which creek has fish.

This is true and not meaning to be rude at all, but if you want to know you'll have to giver a go. If someone is picking off early fish they certainly won't want all of Southern Ontario showing up next week, so they'll be pretty tight lipped about it.

Don't waste your time yet. I checked 11 southern Ontario streams and they are all running extremely low. I did not see any salmon but did see a few suckers and some emerald shiners. We need a continued drop in temps and large rainfall to start the run!

Tightlines

Ziki

Don't waste your time yet. I checked 11 southern Ontario streams and they are all running extremely low. I did not see any salmon but did see a few suckers and some emerald shiners. We need a continued drop in temps and large rainfall to start the run!

Tightlines

Ziki

Uh, the rivers you check must be completely different from the ones I check, all the ones I've hit have had really decent flow to them. My dog needs surgery from chasing salmon in a river and getting blind sided by a big buck, blowing out his knee.

Tips, techniques, not giving you exact locations on where to find fish. Let me ask you this, if there was no message boards out there how would you find out where to fish? As for being an hour away it's called trial and error, so why not gas up your vehical and take a drive.

Rich.

Edited by Richard S.

uh yeah its an hour and a bit drive so i'd like to make it worth my while...and ya don't have to be mean about for carps sake what do you think this forum is for ? ...golfing?

"Tee"-hee! :P

Fore!

But seriously, most creeks east of Scarberia and west of Etobicoke have some kind of run, and the fish will mill in and out of the rivermouths even when the water is low. Most rivers have at least a few fish in them, but imo you have a better chance fishing the mouth, wherever you go.

The funny thing is that even though someone here might tell you where you should go, by the time you get there, it may no longer be that good. Target a group of rivers to visit. That's your best bet. The only way to catch fish is to actually go fishing ;)

p.-

If you don't want to waste your time just wait for the next good rain fall. They should be in just about every river after that. Right now most creeks are to low for the salmon to enter in good numbers. If you want to get out fishing go to a pier and cast some lures, you'll probably have better luck.