Barrie Ice Fishing

fishinfool

Does anyone know whether the ice fishing in Barrie is productive or not.

I was there before freeze up and there were many dinks in and around the

docks. I just wondered if anyone is catching anything of size through the ice.

I was thinking of going this afternoon or tomorrow since I have to go to Bass Pro Shops

anyway, it's most of the way there. lol

Thanks

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong spot and now the second one has been moved here too.

Maybe I will get twice the responses. lol

Edited by fishinfool

walk out from the marina into 30-40 fow and the size of the fish tend to increase, plus a chance at some whities.

I didn't get any responses to this message and decided not to bother going all the way to Barrie. (I live in Pickering)

I will try walking it next weekend for sure.

How far out do I have to go to get to 30' or 40'?

Are there ice fishing hut operators set up out there or is it just

individuals walking out?

Thanks for the info

Stan

I walked out last year onto the marina ice to watch some people fish. Saw them catching perch in the 7-9 inch range, but not as quickly as during the open water period. If you come up this way, you will see a lot of huts out by Minet's Point but few or none by the marina. People by the marina are just doing the one day thing.

Sorry I missed this one,but no PC at home til the end of the month.Yes like Steve said,if you walk out from the beach and start at 30 and go all the way out to 65 if you like. The perch there movbe around. Drilling holes in a hundred yard square area works for us out there.

WARNING............There is a soft spot out there right out in front of the fountian. You may see some guys over there,but I wouldnt take a chance walking out there if you dont know where the area is.Plus It is to close to the filtered try again please plant discharge. :P

You can also walk out from tyhe comunity center. Good bite can be had there as well.

As for what fisherman said as well,yep it can be good there as well,I just dont like all the traffic.You can get your bait there as well as the hut operator is right there.

Good luck.