Rapala R-type fishing rod

fish-miester

was looking at the "new'ish" Rapala R-type rod and was really impressed with the comfort as well as how light it is.!

though was wondering if any one has any input on it ? or heard anything about it?

very interested in it though would like to know some more about it

thanks again

a fellow angler

you can get them at bps as well as gagnouns.. not sure about hirks tho..

i have looked and wondered about them for a few months now.. but didnt want to be the first to waste my moneys.. and didnt know about warrenties .. tho i just looked into in and it seems like they have lifetime warrenties.. cant complain about that !

Edited by fish-miester

Both there R-type series and the cheaper TS2s are great rods. No problems with mine so far. The R-type is $83 and the TS2 is $50 at Le Baron. For that price, the rods are nice and light, sensitive and the fit and finish is very good. Other people I've talked to also has nothing but good things to said about them. I think the warranty is one year, not sure.

I think every rod purchase comes down to personal feel. Everyone has a different comfort level with holding rods and I think you always have to keep that in mind.

I'm not a professional and I'm not spending $200+ on a rod as I simply wouldn't gain the benefit from the additional cost with my rather limited experience. But I definitely know after holding and testing many of them there are a select few that stand out to each person and it all depends on how you personally feel holding it. As long as it's not going to snap when you're reeling in your trophy go by what feels best, afterall you're the one holding it for hours on end.

I say, if you're in the market for a new rod and if the R-Type is super comfortable, in your price range and people genearlly have positive reviews about it - buy it!

Edited by Governator

most stores around will carry the rods. im in hamilton, and i know fishing world, bills bait and grimsby tackle all carry the r type and TS2 rods. rapala also has a new line coming out too that they seem very high on. still waiting to get a peek at them.

My 11 year old son has turned into quite the bass fisherman this year - smallies and now he wants to hit the slop for LB. I bought him 2 TS2's to start his own collection and so far they have worked out fantastic. I grab them in the boat and they feel great and so far have taken a lot of abuse.

There's a light muskie version 6'9" at lebarons I think. I bought this one for a heavy bass rod for him and it makes a great pitchin and swimbait rod. I'll be using it this weekend

I've been to both bps and lebarons in the last week and the pickins for Rap rods is very slim for end of year guys

Edited by Fang

should be fine as long as ur not fishing really thick cover. i know the 7ft 2in med/hvy rod is one of their more popular and versitile rods. i seen them used to catch bass, walleye, pike, muskie, channel cats and even sturgeon believe it or not.

but docks and pads should be alright?

i think im going to go pick it up tonight and pair it with a curado e

i have that excat set up with 40 lb power pro i was pulling out buckets on the weekend in some slop my trolling motor was having problems getting through

If your using it primarly for the slop and heavy cover like timber, I would beef it up a little to a heavy power. I have the new mojo bass flippin stick and this thing can pull out the hogs from the thickest cover! It's a 7'11" heavy power with a moderate/fast action. The reason behind the moderate fast is because it's almost 8 feet long, and you don't need all that backbone, better use in a little more shock absorbtion. Really got to test it out when I set the hook into a nice 5.5 lber the other weekend, turned his head right away from the dock and when he jump and thrashed on the surface, the rod stayed perfectly loaded. I would definetly talk a look at the mojo bass rods from st. croix, they have a nice pitchin' stick too you might be interested in, and they all go for around $100! Best bang for your buck out there right now IMO.

Just my 2 cents

very tru , and honestly that was a huge toss up in my mind , im liking the R-type for its weight and its almost perfect , tho im not sure if its got ALL the backbone i need, where as the mojo is nice , but im really looking for somthin really light .. as realisticly i have heavy cover rods, aka 7'6 H crucial , and 7' xh carrot stik

check out the mojo bass pitchin' stick then, you can use it for light to medium flippin applications too. I'm just a big st. croix guy thats all, wish they would sponsor me so I wouldn't have to spend so much! Not sure Rapala has really proven themselves in the rod market yet. I had one of their cheaper ones, not sure which model but around $40 I think, and it snapped pretty easily on me.

The R-Type at the Canadian Tire in Lindsay were 110 I think, I bought a 6'7" MH Rapala TS2 Trigger Rod today(My first baitcaster :D )

All I can say is wow, for $65.99 before tax this rod is state of the art, those R-Type rods are amazing also but for 75bucks with tax in this is amazing, a great first rod for myself and the hunt for a reel now begins!

100_2002.jpg

100_2005.jpg

100_2003.jpg

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher