Pier 4 Park

Radnine

The other day Will and I took our bikes down to the Discovery Centre at Pier 4 park in Hamilton for a ride.

I am posting here to tell you that if you haven't been down there in a while you should go.

It is without a doubt the best use of government funds that I have ever seen. They have done a fantastic job down there, including the best boat ramp/parking situation I have ever used.

When you ride around you can see room for expansion and future development but I never once thought "I would have done this, or that".

The running/riding paths are lighted at night and cleared of ice all winter.

Really very well done. Check it out sometime.

Jim

Stupid question maybe but how is the fishing off of the piers around there? I have an uncle in Burlington who likes to go fishing but doesn't have anyone to go out with, who has a friend with limited mobility who would go as long it has close access from a car? I might even join them if the fishing is decent when I am visiting.

Stupid question maybe but how is the fishing off of the piers around there? I have an uncle in Burlington who likes to go fishing but doesn't have anyone to go out with, who has a friend with limited mobility who would go as long it has close access from a car? I might even join them if the fishing is decent when I am visiting.

I am not sure how the fishing is but there were loads of people doing it (fishing that is :rolleyes: )

Jim

Pier 4 /Bayfront Park is a great place, one of the few things Hamilton got right! And right down the road, very close by is Lakeport Brewery and you can pick up a case for when you get back home.

I was wondering what the fenced off area behind Williams Coffee was and read something about it just the other day, it's going to be an outdoor skating rink come this winter. Too bad thought that the signage on the road into the Discovery Centre isn't better marked with signs as it is difficult to direct visitors to the area. Only sign I saw there out on Guise St. is the little green road name sign, Discovery Dr.

There are advantages to having the Deputy Prime Minister come from your city, the renovated harbour front is more than adequate compensation for having to deal with Sheila Copps for a few decades :D

Hell it could have been done alot worse...just look at Toronto!