so im crying inside..

fish-miester

So woke up this morning a little cranky .. figgured id go fishing .. kool off... you know ..

well thats not the case.. i leave my boat at my buddies house.. turns out he took it out and wasnt comin back till late.. errr.... so i walk down to one of the water trails.. start fishin away .. caught a few 2lbers in the slop / pads.. and met a guy down there started betting on who would catch a bigger fish .. it was all fun and games till i saw this swirl .. which looked like a dang wirl pool wich lasted for a good 50 seconds.. so me figguring hey theres a fish there.. i take a cast.. and like i suspected.. there was! this thing slammed my spinner bait..next thing you know.. the fish takes a big head shake.. and we truly see how big this fish is.. (this bucket was honestly probably 7 pounds.. no smaller then 6.. this was a nice fish.. i look at the guy as hes now in aw.. next thing i no the fish is still splashin around and fighting like a train.. and im starting to get more spectators..

Then It Happend !

SNAP !

the fish jumped and snapped my line.. this thing was large .. and what caught me off guard was that a few of the guys came over and actually thanked me for the show, and showing them that there is still fish in the lake..

after that .. i packed it in.. for now atleast .. gotta go buy some new line haha

but just thought Id share my day..

-A fellow fishermen

ya . guess im just used to 50lb power pro and my revo stx drag being able to pull out what ever i want lol.. but its just that i hadnt changed that set up in probably a month.. and well i use it all the time..

oh well .. guess i'll just have to go get her tomorrow..

Edited by fish-miester

God I hate when that happens.. I had this huge musky on a couple years ago on a Jointed Rapala in Clown color, I got it while trolling and it was waaay out there, and it jumped and pulled its head while in the air and snapped my line, I was so mad, not only cause it got away, but it also got my best lure I had ever used. Now I can't find jointed Rapalas in that color anywhere... Does anyone know where I could get them in the color called Clown by chance?

God I hate when that happens.. I had this huge musky on a couple years ago on a Jointed Rapala in Clown color, I got it while trolling and it was waaay out there, and it jumped and pulled its head while in the air and snapped my line, I was so mad, not only cause it got away, but it also got my best lure I had ever used. Now I can't find jointed Rapalas in that color anywhere... Does anyone know where I could get them in the color called Clown by chance?

Did you google it and check ebay?

eg http://setthehook.com/jointedXrap.htm

If Clown is a red head with a white body i dont think they make them anymore..

But i could be wrong. :dunno:

Yea, and it has a bit of green on it.. I had found mine floating in the river, so I changed the hooks and it was a fish magnet.

Did you google it and check ebay?

eg http://setthehook.com/jointedXrap.htm

No, I just looked in tackle stores. I don't have a credit card or check book. Maybe I'll have to get my mom to help me out.

And thats what they look like, but in the Orignal Jointed Rapala J-11. What's the shallowest running Jointed X-Rap?