Nf.......what to do.....free vacation?

raysfish2005

I don't know how many times I have heard "my family comes first"! Well, without a job what are you going to do to take care of your family, go on welfare? I've never had to do it but I have seen families that did and it wasn't a pretty sight!

Over the years of running my own business I don't know how many times I had an employee call in " I have a headache so I won't be in today", I was out until 3:00 am so I'm not feeling well I'll see you tomorrow", "My girlfriends want to go to Niagara Falls and I want to go with them so I won't be in tomorrow........." They didn't care if customers orders weren't being shipped or bills weren't getting sent out. Those were the same employees that were all ticked off when it came time for a promotion or a raise and they didn't get one. The people that got ahead were the ones that took their job seriously, believed that they had a responsibility to the company and to our customers and they earned the promotions and raises. They were also the ones that had job security!

So if you really don't care about your job then why would you expect your employer to care about you????????

I read in a book once

"life balance is great, when times are great. When times aren't great then you need to work harder. Come in early, stay later, work harder do the things now that will once again give you life balance in the future"

As Clampet stated. You can be fired at any time without reason, you may have to be compensated but you can be fired.

Well i love to open the can!!!!

To make a long story short( i typed a hole page) I'm going to Mexico!!

My boss pulled me into his office and gave me the time off, i counter'd with i will give up a week when i'm intitled, he said it was ok just make sure your back on time.

Life is funny !!!

Well put Cliff/CS/Joe....great to see some others with the employer prospective around here.

Ray...send her off with one of her girlfriends, or hell some young stud...then get a sitter and go fishing on the Sunday while she's gone. :lol:

Hey Wayne ... I like the way you think :clapping:

LOL jersey dog

Thats what i intend to do when i get back, Big cliff...........i hear you.........i have been on the other side of the coin as well, In the corprate world when you challenge someone above you, one one can survive..........never both.

But its off to Mexico for me, now to find that speedo!