Bass Pro Shops Bass Talk 2007

David Chong

This past weekend's Bass Talk 2007 received rave reviews from all who attended! Here are but a few of the comments:

All I can say is...once you've heard about it, it's already happened and if you weren't there you missed it. Information overload...Awesome 2 days, Awesome Line-up.

Todd Currie

Great job guys. I will definitely mark it on my calendar for next year. Might even make it to the steel town this year. The only problem with having it this early is it gets you cranked to fish and the season is still months away.

Mark Cressman

A very informative weekend I'm sure everyone can learn from an event like this .Thanks to all involved for the hard work and commitment to setting this up, and helping out a couple of great charities to boot. Excellent job.

Mike Graham

The next event will be held in Perth at Lake & Trail on Sat. Mar. 3rd register now to make sure that you have a seat reserved! In case you don't have a stamps we will be accepting registrations at the Ottawa

Sportsman Show!

Check out our web-site at www.basstalk.ca for full details including the speaker line-up!

Regards,

Dave

KK2.jpg

Day_2_Speakers2.jpg

Bondy.jpg

Is BPS a sponsor here?

Does it matter?

Bass Pro sponsored Bass Talk, so a better question might be is Bass Talk a sponsor here? Even if it isn't I do appreciate Dave letting us know of a event that is fishing related. It's fishing related content on a fishing related website. Imagine that.

Silverado Sheriff and Clampet, Basstalk ran a promotion on this site with TJ when they gave away 2 tickets to their event which retailed at $150. To call this spam is a bit offensive to say the least. Dave Chong is a member of the board and runs a seminar series to help fishermen. I see the relation to this board.. why can't you???

I always amazes me how some are so quick to judge..

Oh well... let the roast continue with class and style :wacko:

JP

Edited by JPD

Hey JPD how goes bud.

Yep I have to go with you on this one (not because yer bigger then me) :whistling:

Fishing related,BPS is not being pushed on anyone here,SS seems to get his shorts in a knot at times. :jerry:

It,s all good stuff.

Thanks again David. I see Ice man is standing,leg must be healing well. :clapping:

Thanks for the kind introduction to this site, but why would I expect it to be any different than any other site? There will always be the few who will tear down others and what they try to do. First of all, I did not join this site just to promo Bass Talk, if you take any notice I try to participant in other discussions and try to help out! Let me give you some background on Bass Talk before you pass judgement.

Bass Talk is actually the brain child of Doug Brownridge and Bass Pro Shops is merely a sponsor of this particular portion of it. The idea behind Bass Talk is to give the bass angler a place up here to go and learn from some of the best bass anglers in Canada. It also helps promos the guys who put a lot of time and effort into the sport. It hopefully will promote and bring new people into the sport. Bassmaster University has been around for a long time and has made numerous appearances up here in Canada. Although it is great to hear from and talk to legends such as Denny Brauer, Larry Nixon, etc. a tremendous amount of their content is not applicable up here e.g. fishing for bedding fish. Anyone who attended last weekend's event will definitely tell you that it was worth their while and money.

We also try to heavily promotethis sport to the younger generation and female anglers at these events and always recognize them at the events. For instance the 8 youths who attended this past weekend's event all went home with a brand new Daiwa spinning combo, BPS tackle box and some tackle. We recognized our 2 female attendees with a bottle of wine each. We also used the event to raise over $2600.00 for Dave Mercer's "Casting For A Cure" (Canadian Cancer Society). We will also throughout the remaining 3 events be raising money for the Big Brothers Big Sisters "Take A Kid Fishing" day to be held on Sat. June 23th in Orillia. But maybe we're not doing any good! :dunno:

Bass Pro Shops is not a personal sponsor of mine but if you have an issue with them you're missing the boat and not seeing the big picture. If you chose not to shop there that is your right but the fact that they are here in Canada is good for fishing. It now gives this sport that we love, a "WOW" factor and hopefully will bring new blood into it. The larger our numbers, are the more clout that we have to affect change especially when it comes to people trying to take away our god given rights to fish!

As JP stated we did offered up a pair of passes for a contest to the OFC community and judging by the response, I would say that there are members who are interested in this kind of event and news. I know that Ann Rocchi and her husband Dave is very excited about attending the Humminbird Bass Talk 2007 being held at Fishing World in Hamilton. Whoops, did I just spam you again? :oops:

If I have missed something here, please let me know. I thought that this site was to be used to share news, stories and information amongst fellow anglers. If you are not allowed to mention any companies that are not sponsors of the site, please let me know. Do we not title a topic so members can decide if it is of interest to them before they read it or reply? If it is of no interest to you, please don't read it, no one is forcing you to read it! ;)

Sorry for the long winded response!

FISH HARD! DREAM BIG!

Dave Chong

Edited by David Chong

Glad to hear that everything went so well Dave.

I must say that I've met Dave several times and found him to be one of the friendliest and informative fisherman that I've met.

Good luck with the rest of the series. Its a great concept and I'm only sorry that I can't attend any of them.

Thanks to all! We can only try! Trout Slayer, Good to see that you're still hanging around! We should try to get together for dinner one night with your brother-in-law!

Cheers,

Dave

We'll do that for sure Dave! Talk to him about Lakers at Mike's cottage Feb 24th. Same as the last time pal! We'll keep an eye on the kids! <_<