Nice little pigeon lake musky

Whitemikeca

Finally got out musky fishing for the first time this year last weekend. Caught this guy trolling on a 10 inch beleiver.

Copy_of_IMG00004__Large_.jpg

He put up a great fight. He stayed deep, taking drag on my Calcutta 400 for a few mins. When he got to the boat I was greated with 3 nice jumps.

A few minites later we caught a 34 incher on the same lure but didn't take pictures. Both fish were released of course.

Thanks guys, I didn't measure him because I was concerned with getting him back in the water. I caught a 45 incher last year on Pigeon and looking at the pictures side by side this fish looks longer. I know where he lives now so I will measure him next time :)

Rich, the believer is the only musky lure I troll with anymore. Last year I caught > 10 skis trolling believers on Pigeon. Most of them on the walleye colour believer. I have a really good pattern down now as to where to troll and how deep.

Thanks guys, I didn't measure him because I was concerned with getting him back in the water. I caught a 45 incher last year on Pigeon and looking at the pictures side by side this fish looks longer. I know where he lives now so I will measure him next time :)

Rich, the believer is the only musky lure I troll with anymore. Last year I caught > 10 skis trolling believers on Pigeon. Most of them on the walleye colour believer. I have a really good pattern down now as to where to troll and how deep.

Good job man! You said it, where, how deep... you know what your lure is doing in the water, combine that with knowing where they live, you cannot miss...

well except on those days where you miss.... :-)

HI Thought this may help with the depth - great thread - I fish same area using same technique - i have trouble downloading image under 250K any help would be great

All I can say is double cowgirl gold with silver blades is unbeatable at present time.

Good luck all