Favorite Crankbait Company?

ozaibak1

My favourite is Rapala. However, recently I have been using a Matzuo Fantastic Minnow and caught some muskie and walleye. I have also used Daiwa Dr. Minnow and Shad Master to catch quite a few smallmouth. But you need to replace the stock hooks on the Daiwas -- they will get bent by a 1-pounder. :)

i like bomber and of course rapalas :P

i picked up one of the bass pro shop brand cranks, didnt seem that good to me though i mightve done smthing wrong (they do look nice tho, prolly why i bought one)

Edited by bubblez

I've had good luck with the white and crawdad colours, in a couple of different sizes.

I'll second Cordell's BigO in white or chartreuse..... I always have great success with them!!!

The smallies love it B)

Leechman

I prefer Japanese cranks like Lucky Craft, Ken Kraft, Bell, Daiwa etc.

In my opinion, there is more thought put towards the weight and balance of the lure.

Their rattles are well thought out for maximum casting distance and their depth range is bang on. They get down the right depth right away. My only knock against them is that they tend to come with undersized hooks, but man are they ever sharp. Although a little pricey and sometimes hard to find, if it catches you big fish and wins a tournament, isn't it worth it?

Although a little pricey and sometimes hard to find, if it catches you big fish and wins a tournament, isn't it worth it?

Even so, for us "weekend anglers" 15-20+ dollars for a crankbait(lucky craft) seems a bit over the top for me...20 bucks can get u 3 nice rapalas or 3 coton cordels or something.

Unless I had way too much money and fished tournaments to "display my gear" to the others i would never purchase a bait of that much.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Became a big fan of Spro crankbaits a couple years ago. Good success on bass and walleye with them.

And then Fishmaster never got anymore in......ah my unrequited love of the Spro turned to blind lust as I found myself driving truckloads across the border like some sort of immigrant smuggler.

I still haven't seen a pearl Spro Crank25 for sale in Canada anywhere else.