Family Fishing Weekend.

idesign

Guys i want to take my family fishing this Sunday.Can any1 tell me where i can take them around 1 1/2 hour drive from Toronto.Also I went to Peterborough(Rice Lake) 2 years ago.there is nice park with boat launch.I dont remember where it is.Does any1 know.

Please let me know.Thank you

YES Sparrow would be a good choice

unfortunately due to the Toronto Strike the Ontario Family Fishing Weekend GTA events at High Park and Toronto Islands have been CANCELLED

have a look at www.familyfishingweekend.com

Cheers

Paul

Sorry, but the details about the park at Rice Lake are a little vague to nail it down. There is a Provincial Park there called Serpent Mounds?

Lake Dalrymple is just outside of Orillia (East) and there is a bridge between the Upper and Lower Lakes that you could fish at. Unfortunately, public access is diminishing these days.

There is also a public fishing pier at Couchiching Beach park in Orillia. Could be crowded though.

I believe there are docks at Barrie in Kempenfelt Bay, but not sure if they allow fishing there.

Others will probably know.

I was hoping to find events in and around Niagara for the Free weekend, but there aren't any listed on the official site? :huh:

Do you suppose I could get some ideas from the local licensing shop? I mean afterall, if I actually catch some fish this year, I might even buy a real licence ;)

Or does anyone on here have suggestions for someone who hasn't fished much in the past 20 years, about good fishing spots around Fort Erie and Port Colborne??