Trolling Motor and Motor Service

skankbutta

Looking to pick up a trolling motor for my 14' fibreglass. I can pick up a Minn Kota Endura Transom Mount - Endura 55 36" for $230 ($292 after taxes and shipping). How hard is this motor on batteries? I'm thinking of picking up a Deep Cycle battery from either Costco or Wal-Mart.

Should I just go with a 30 or 40 lb thrust Endura from Canadian Tire? The 40 is about the same price as the 55, with the 30 being about $80 cheaper.

Opinions???

Or should I pick up a kicker motor? I have a co-worker who said he'd sell me a 9.9HP Viking for $150. Is that a good deal? Thanks guys!

Also, I forgot to ask if anyone knows of the fellow in Port Colborne who services motors? I went to the Riverside Marina in Dunnville, but they have a long wait, so I want to explore my other options. They had mentioned someone in Port Colborne who works out of this garage. Thanks!

Edited by Smelt Fishy

Go with the most power you can afford. You may not need it most of the time but that one day when the fishing is fantastic and you cant stay where you want because your smaller motor can not fight the wind you will be glad you did. Also it is always easier to sell the larger motors if you ever decide to.

Guest steel'n'esox

I believe the viking is an old sears motor, dont know about parts but im sure they are hard to find unless they were old omc or merc motors