Anyone have any experience on BPS 'In House' Brands?

rbaquial

....Hey Folks,

So, a buddy of mine that I've been going fishing a lot with lately - finally decided to take Fishing as a more of a serious hobby. After catching HIS 1ST PIKE .... he decided to opt for his own equipment. So... Off to BPS we went - finally decided on a QUANTUM SNAPSHOT (MSRP: $39) and a BASS PRO SHOPS® GRAPHITE SERIES SPINNING ROD ....

We spooled it up... and headed to the closest body of water to us... about 15min drive away. Not even 45min of fishing... He somehow managed to break a portion off of the fishing rod right near the very BASE of the ROD. Right where the CORK ends. The piece is probably no bigger than 1"... Anyway.... Here's a couple questions...

**KEEP IN MIND: THE ROD WAS PURCHASED TODAY... AND IT BROKE THE SAME DAY - STILL HAS RECEIPT**

1) Has anyone every dealt with BPS in house brand WARRANTY?

2) If so, How does it work? Do they give you a new rod right on the spot? Is there any "Down Time"?

If anyone has any input that they could provide, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance,

RoB

BPS has always accepted my returns with no issues.

Even if they're not BPS house brands, they usually are good for returns.

Sounds like an obvious MFG defect.

Take er back, and get a new one.

I recently had my BPS on-board charger die...I called and talked to Marine, explained that I'd like to send it to them and have them send me a new one back. I live in Kingston so didn't want to make the drive.

Within 2 days of recieving the unit at BPS, I had a new one in my hand.

Great service and very nice people to talk too on the phone...

Good luck.

I had the side plate fall off a 2-week old reel... "splash" ...I was in Haliburton and was heading to Hamilton the next day(where the receipt was); I called and explained the situation and the BPS staff person said if I'd bought it on a credit card to just come in and they'd look up the transaction. I did and she did exactly that, had a new reel brought up to the front and issued me a new receipt for the warranty on the replacement. It was top notch service.

Yep, they have been excellent to deal with. A Buddy bought a baitcaster combo LAST YEAR and they spooled it up with line. Well, he didn't bother to check it out before we went fishing and found while out on the laake that it was defective internally. We finally got around to taking it back a couple of weeks ago (with receipt) and they immediately took a look at it at the fishing counter and gave him a full replacement!

Can't ask for more than that!