help with Pigeon Lake

shurik_muff

Hello guys. this is my first post ever....

I will be going on my first fishing week long trip on pigeon lake, for bass opening. never had the oportunity to fish in it.... so, have no idea what to expect. i heard from a few fellow fishermen, thats its one of the best in the area... including buckgorn and stergeon.

if any one can give some tips for this time of the years, would be great. i always had luck with bass and pickerell, but in known lakes and rivers.

regards, alex

PS

this is by far the nicest fishing site i saws on the net. great job

i always had luck with bass and pickerell, but in known lakes and rivers.

good luck to you and welcome to the site. I've never really fished pigeon, but I'd imagine the bass will be right where you'd expect - weeds, fallen trees, docks etc (dang predictable bass). Let us know how you do

Welcome to the board. Why you would want to fish for bass, in a lake with musky, is beyond me :rolleyes: . To each his own I guess. As pigeontroller said, look for the thousands of acres of lilypads, and you'll find your bass.

actually musky would be the main atraction for me as well:) just dont want to end up like my last 2 fishing days on scugog, with 0 bites, and 6-7 hours of trolling.

thanks for replies guys