Muskoka lake fish

majorlifts

I have been on this board for a long time and have not really posted for ages, however I have posted plenty of comments like "Nice One!" so my question is to all you great fisherman who have fished Muskoka Lake. Where the hell are all the dam fish!?! I was a guest there last Saturday and I tried almost every lure in my box/ bag and didnt even get a nibble. The area is by port Keeywaydin. Any tips for the next time I go up there would be greatly appreciated.

I heard reports that there are Trout AND Walleye, is this so, and how can that be. I have been fishing since I was a young boy and still have not learn to figure out the difference between Isotropic and mesotrophic. This would probably help huge. But its not a text book def, its the actual look of the lake to determine what kind it is that troubles me.

Wow!! Fishing can be deep, (pardon the pun)

Walleye would be a great start because I have more gear for that, but Bass will be opening up last Sat of June and Im sure theres Bass in that lake too. I tried trolling for eyes but that lake is crazy deep, in some spots its 120 ft deep.

My Dad would always brag about great bass fishing on Lake Muskoka...the only way he'd fish was at night, off any rock point, with a full moon and a jitterbug. Real slow stop-start retrieve...and he proved that it's still effective by schooling me last summer on a nice calm moonlit night. :lol: Lots of bass in those big muskoka lakes...

My Dad would always brag about great bass fishing on Lake Muskoka...the only way he'd fish was at night, off any rock point, with a full moon and a jitterbug. Real slow stop-start retrieve...and he proved that it's still effective by schooling me last summer on a nice calm moonlit night. :lol: Lots of bass in those big muskoka lakes...

I remember there were always a few hanging under the swimrafts at any of the cottages we used.

JF