Lake Rosseau Musky

dada2727

A buddy has a cottage on that lake and musky are in there. He got one last week fishing for pike and seen 2 or 3 others. He usually gets a couple during the season. Very difficult lake to fish for them, except in early and late season, when they move up into the shallows. It seems to me like this is one of those lakes where the musky are open water creatures, making them quite hard to catch.

A buddy has a cottage on that lake and musky are in there. He got one last week fishing for pike and seen 2 or 3 others. He usually gets a couple during the season. Very difficult lake to fish for them, except in early and late season, when they move up into the shallows. It seems to me like this is one of those lakes where the musky are open water creatures, making them quite hard to catch.

I've seen them with my own eyes...but haven't ever caught one there. I also have a buddy with a cottage on Rosseau and he finds them a challenge and he's no slouch with a rod.

Definitely in there...but yeah you have to work for 'em! My buddy roped a nice one in on Bass Opener a couple years ago...surprised the heck out of us! After that happened, I started asking around, and heard from a lot of locals that yep, they're in there all right! :)

While it can be tough to find weedy areas in the lake, they do seem to produce...especially if there's access to deep water nearby...if you're ever looking for a companion in the boat to try and track these fish down, drop me a line :lol: