Summer Camping/Fishing trip ideas...

Hope for some specific suggestions.

Would like to take the whole family (me, wife and two kids) and the boat (Lund 1700 Pro Sport) somewhere this summer for about a week.

Here is what "The ideal" place would be:

1) Within 5 hours of the GTA

2) with great fishing for me(Walleye preferred but trout/bass is fine as well) and fun activities (natures, swimming, etc.) for the family.

3) Crown land or back country type of camping preferred

4) We've been to Algonquin (Opeongo) and Temagami last few years and like both places but would love to try something else, similar to the remoteness of these two.

5) We have complete set of camping gear and can take it in the boat prety much anywhere the boat can go, but would consider renting a cottage for a week too (if a board member has something for rent feel free to PM me)

Really hope for some specific ideas and tips as we love to explore something new each year.

Thanks to all who respond.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

For years we went on one week family fishing vacations. I would get on the internet and search for a place and go there. We would rent a housekeeping cabin at a lodge. They would generally have boat rentals, but I always took my own 14' er. We needed to be able to take the family labrador with us, so that cut a lot of nice options. Most times we would be in a nice place...a couple years, not so nice. But it was always an adventure. The worst was a trip to Nipigon. I really wanted to fish Nipigon for specs, and I knew that I was making a mistake, but I went for it anyway. We looked at the cabin after a 9 hour drive, and went and found a motel for the night, and another place to stay for the week. It all worked out ok. All cabins were between 800 and 1000 a week rental which suited out budget quite well. We went to fairly out of the way places mot times. One you may like was on the pickerell river. Fishing was tough, but not horrible. One year my daughter ended up with a 9lb walleye. They were all good memories. just strike out and go. I found that each place may not be perfect, but they were all good family times. personally, I like a cabin rather than a tent for a weeks family vacation

I hear the French River Delta is great... never been there myself... maybe others can enlighten us?

Sauble Falls isn't a great choice imo... i don't even like the campground... an he did request a "remote back-country" setting... Sauble is FAR from this!!

Edited by swordfish

Bisco is good for sure. What popped to my mind immediately though was lake Kipawa in Quebec.

In my mind it's the QC version of our Temagami, but with infinitely better fishing for walleye and way less traffic, especially in the north end. Also very, very pretty country.

Bisco is good for sure. What popped to my mind immediately though was lake Kipawa in Quebec.

In my mind it's the QC version of our Temagami, but with infinitely better fishing for walleye and way less traffic, especially in the north end. Also very, very pretty country.

Hey Solo whats a Quebec non res license running this year.