My Fishing Partner Has Been Side Lined for 8 Weeks

Ryan, I felt so bad for you reading and looking at the pictures. I was dreading the part where the bone would have to be set....bet you wanted to deck the doctor for not getting it right the first time. Be careful now...I'm a Mom so I can say that. I hope you got Dairy Queen at least. :D

Sorry to hear about your wing there Bud.I hope it mends well for you.Don't worry you should be good to go for your next salmon trip in August.And just think you wanted a sport bike or a pocket bike.Take care and I will see you soon.

Dan

Tough luck.

Our eldest did exactly the same thing, the same way, at the same age, and had a cast that looked identical. He was in it for 6 weeks and then the doc said the xrays looked so good he was taking it off. We were leaving that day for a beach cottage and had asked if there was any chance of getting it off early.

Steve was really hurting when the cast came off. His elbow had been locked in that bent position for so long it just didn't want to move. You could tell he was near tears and that doesn't come easily for a rough tough 10 year old.

As soon as we hit the cottage Steve was into his bathing suit and out into the waves. He splashed around out there for about 4 hours before he came out of the water. Turned out it was therapeutic as he said the aching was gone completely.

Keep it in mind for when your guy loses his cast.

JF

Thanks John for posting that I really enjoyed that story so did Ryan.

Well the pain is gone but frustration has set in Ryan can't write at school luckily they will let him write his exams on the computer something I did not have when I was young with a cast.

The lack of outdoor activities frustrates him.He tried playing video games but with his wrist locked he just gave up for lack of performance.

In 3 weeks he goes to the shorter cast so I think he can ride his bike .I may let him fish the Thomas Marine Fishing Tournament if he can hold the fishing rod.I think we will stick to trolling no casting.

Has anyone ever fished with a cast on were you able to do so without pain or discomfort.I may just bend the rules for one day.

Anyhoo thanks to you all for the kind words of encouragement .Ryan read them all you guys did a great job cherring him up.

OFC 'ers you are great folks.

MTP