Lowrance 522C

fishon64

I have a Lowrance 522C. I have tilted the transducer back & forth. I still can not get the down rigger cannon balls to read on the screen. They are 12lbs balls down about 30-80ft. Looking for any suggestions. All filters are turned off. Please Help

Edited by Skipper Sam

First of all, if you can get in to see Jocelyn at Angling Outfitters in Woodstock he'll teach you everything you need to know about the Lowrance!

There 3 settings you need to adjust regularly depending on water depth and what you want to see.

With the Sonar page active..push

MENU

SONAR FEATURES

On this page you have Noise Rejection, this should read Sonar cone angle, cause thats what it changes, if its set to HIGH, you are using the widest possible beam angle, seeing way more of the bottom than you need to likely, if its set to OFF, its the narrowest beam. If mine is on LOW or MEDIUM I usually see my Balls!LOL

SURFACE CLARITY has alot to do with marking fish, I find if i'm on Lake Ontario Salmon fishing I have it OFF to get good readings on fish/bait.

And of course you need to adjust the sensitivity...

MENU

SENSITIVITY

Hope this helps!

I will second the suggestion to see Jos at Angling Outfitters. Was there yesterday to ask him ?? on map chips. I walked away with a degree in GPS/fishfinder!!! Man he sure knows his stuff when it comes to Lowrance etc. He even suggested some of the lower priced chips to save $$!!!

Better have lots of spare time 'cuz he is one busy dude!! He will always come right back to you to finish the tutorial, even after being tied up on the phone.

This guy showed me stuff about my GPS & fishfinder that I am still trying to absorb!! I have a headache ...still!

FT

sounds like another lowrance transducer bites the dust.

call josh to confirm, but as was suggested with me, I did, and the only thing josh confirmed is my transducer was dead....he didn't want to comment on how many dead transducers he's had to replace this year.

go to fish-hawk.net - there was a recent thread about lowrance transducers...should give ya an idea of what is going on with them.

they have a 1 year warranty - after that, its $100 to replace.

(i was the one uncle buck was referring to above)