Lake Nippising

BigGuppy

Hi everyone,

I'm getting out for the first time this year. Going with some buddies to a cottage on the French Arm of Lake Nippissing. I've never been up there before any suggestions on what to use and fish for? I'm still pretty green.

Thanks,

jig head live bait nothing but caught a 4 pound bass about 12 catfish about 6 perch and 1 10 pound sheepshead. If you wanna get fancy toss a frog into the weeds(weedless from that it) Fished in south shore seems to work for us last time all we used was jigs! good luck

We're not going to a lodge its a friend of a friends cottage on the western arm of Lake Nippising. We're going this weekend leaving early Saturday morning and coming back on Monday. Another friend has a decent bass boat that we will be taking out so I'm looking forward to it. I will pick up some jig heads and grubs this week. Not sure what a husky jerk bait is but I'm sure they'll know at Bass Pro. I have two weedless frogs so I'll try that as well. Thanks for all the help and any other suggestions would be appreciated. I'll try and take some pics if we're lucky!!!

Yep...get some husky jerks, some Gold Williams wablers, and jig heads. Stinger hooks to go with your jig heads, and put minnows on them....right time and right place...good luck!!

Green and white are good colours out there for spinnerbaits when pike fishing....something with a closed eye so you can clip it on to your wire leader. Any weedy flats are good.

• 3 weeks later...