24 volt trolling motor

msp

Hey guys,

I have always had a 12V system, but recently bought a 24V power drive.

When charging the batteries,do I just hook up the positive from one battery and the negative on the other battery?Or is it better to charge them seperately ? I was also told that I should completely drain them before charging them the first time. Is this true?

Do not completely drain them, this is only for NiCad batteries.

Charge them separately.

You should look at getting a dual output on-board charger as this greatly simplifies charging duties.

Just plug in at the end of the day and you're done. :P

I would go with a dual output 10 amp unit (20 amps total). With it you will be fully charged in 4-6 hours.

Hey guys,

I have always had a 12V system, but recently bought a 24V power drive.

When charging the batteries,do I just hook up the positive from one battery and the negative on the other battery?Or is it better to charge them seperately ? I was also told that I should completely drain them before charging them the first time. Is this true?

No need to completely drain them and yes, you must charge them individually.

Get yourself one of these charges. I have the ProSport II 12 myself and love it. It has really extended the life of my batteries and as already mentioned you just plug it in when you return from fishing (at the dock or in the garage) and you all set. I leave mine on 24/7/365 and this way I don't have to remove the batteries in the winter.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

Do not completely drain them, this is only for NiCad batteries.

Charge them separately.

You should look at getting a dual output on-board charger as this greatly simplifies charging duties.

Just plug in at the end of the day and you're done. :P

I would go with a dual output 10 amp unit (20 amps total). With it you will be fully charged in 4-6 hours.

Thanks for the helpfull info. I looked at getting an on board charger, but they are pretty pricey. I guess that the dual output helps with charging both at the same time. I suppose that i will have to seperate them for one season untill I purchase the on board charger. Thanks again.