First specks of the year.

nancur373

Had our first game of softball this morning. Finished up at the diamond around 1pm. While heading home I crossed a local stream that I cross every day. I thought 'I wonder if there are fish in there, maybe I'll fish it someday'. Then it dawned on me that I still had my UL and little tackle box and rubber boots in the trunk. I turn around, find a place to park, and head down to the creek. Didn'y have any bait so I started tossing a Mepps Black Fury 0. Nothing for about half hour. I switched up to a perch pattern Panther Martin 0. It was very windy and first cast the lure went almost nowhere but a mile of line came of. Crap. Pulled in the slack line and when it went tight...fish on. Little scrapper on the 5' UL. It was the smaller one. It spat out 3 leeches and a worm. Sweet I got bait!!. Put a leech on, cast, and BAM! the bigger one just swallowed it. Real good fight in these specks here. fished for another half hour with a couple good hits and one nice one shook off at my feet. All in all I now have a nice little place to fish.

Curt

HPIM3411.jpg

Amazing how those "I wonder" spots sometimes work out !!

NICE !!!

And to think I've been driving past that place twice a day since October. And everyday since opener I've been home after work thinking about where I can go for some Brookies close by. Literally a one minute drive and a 15 minute walk from home.

Nice!! So ya use a spoon huh? Reminds of the Campbell's Thick and Chunky commercials where they're arguring about what cutlery to use..

I think it went along the lines of "Nah mang, you gotta use a spoon to get at all the good stuff!!"

Okay, I need another hobby.

cheers!

HD