Pike Opener...

I don't see a problem with taking a pic of your pb fish, regardless of when you caught it, but you should always be fast about it, wether its spawn time or not. But honestly, I don't understand the need that some people have to take pictures of every fish they catch, have we all not caught many average size fish of whatever species before? You want to post a picture on the forum or wherever fine, but really, how many 15" smallmouth pics do some people have? Spare the fish the trouble and release it right away imo, especially if its oos. I have been very lucky to spend hour upon hour catching big northerns on great slave lake, I have one picture, wasn't my camera and i didn't ask for it to be taken, its a nice pic and a cool reminder of those days, but, a 15lb pike for the most part looks like all the other 15lb pike..., tho it would have been nice to have the camera for the 25lber :oops:

depends on the lake and the water temp.. once the water temp hits around 60 degrees fahrenheit its time to spawn!! where we were fishing on simcoe the water temp was anywhere from 60 to 64 degrees. little lake warms up even faster due to its size...

Wow, everywhere I was on Simcoe Monday the water ranged from 42 to 44 degrees.

I rememeber being up in Larder Lake a couple years ago at the end of May. Bass season up there is open all year round. We could catch 300 bass in a half a day, after about an hour it got boring and we would move onto pics.

Looks to me like like legally fishing for bass when they are on the beds didnt hurt a thing up there because there were literally hundreds of bass up there, so I highly doubt an incidental catch is really going to hurt anything as long as it goes back and is not harvested.

Congrats on your PB! Incidental catches happen.

Bryan

I don't see a problem with taking a pic of your pb fish, regardless of when you caught it, but you should always be fast about it, wether its spawn time or not. But honestly, I don't understand the need that some people have to take pictures of every fish they catch, have we all not caught many average size fish of whatever species before? You want to post a picture on the forum or wherever fine, but really, how many 15" smallmouth pics do some people have? Spare the fish the trouble and release it right away imo, especially if its oos. I have been very lucky to spend hour upon hour catching big northerns on great slave lake, I have one picture, wasn't my camera and i didn't ask for it to be taken, its a nice pic and a cool reminder of those days, but, a 15lb pike for the most part looks like all the other 15lb pike..., tho it would have been nice to have the camera for the 25lber :oops:

all they way to great slave lake to catch 15lbers and 25lb being the best...thats gotta suck....my 8 year old catches 15lbers on the ottawa river...lol

I rememeber being up in Larder Lake a couple years ago at the end of May. Bass season up there is open all year round. We could catch 300 bass in a half a day, after about an hour it got boring and we would move onto pics.

Looks to me like like legally fishing for bass when they are on the beds didnt hurt a thing up there because there were literally hundreds of bass up there, so I highly doubt an incidental catch is really going to hurt anything as long as it goes back and is not harvested.

Congrats on your PB! Incidental catches happen.

Bryan

been there done that!....bass fishin isnt as great when u lived near places like that