foot pedal for bow mount electric wont steer

rromberg

Probably the main circuit board, the same thing happened to mine. What happens is there is a thin plastic waterproof layer over the circuit board, and over time dirt and sand gets in there and wears away at the protective plastic layer, and then when it gets wet, it shorts out and you lose your steering. It happened in a tournament to me and I had to manually steer mine with my hand. I got the board replaced at Rockey's tackle services in orillia, one of the only minn kota parts guys around. It was under a $100 so it wasn't too bad.

Have had the same experience with the foot pedal for my 765mxt. I've had the motor about 10 yrs. and am currently on my 4th pedal - about $100 a pop - Aikman's ususally has 'em in stock.

LeBarons have the pedals for $80.

I just got a new one for this season. ;)

I did however mail order it as it's an 11,000KM round trip from here.

This is a common problem with power driven trolling motors. You might want to think about going to a cable steer trolling motor. They don't use precious battery power to steer and the steering is much faster to react. That is why 95% of all pros use cable steering trolling motors.

Same thing happeded to me. Its the foot pedal circuit board. Small spring tabs that make contact on the board when you put your foot down. The middle of the tab had a whole worn right through. I managed to put a dab of solder on it and make it work again. Got throught the season but ened up buying a new foot pedal just in case.