First carp of the season

Marko

Went out few times this year but did not really catch much worth posting, few bluegills and few suckers as well. Victor invited me to join him in some Grand River carping and I couldn't really say no.

We met up at the spot and as i was approaching him, his alarm goes off and he`s got a fish on, was not a big one but it was a fish none the less. I netted the fish for him and we shook hands and that was it. Oh yea he asked me to snap a quick pic of the fish using his camera but i failed him and i thought that i took the pic but i never did...oopps.

My friend Trevor, another member of the board, showed up a little bit later and joined us for few hours as well.

He helped me set up my first hair rig and its worked out much better then expected, actually it was brilliant how they hook themselves like that.

About half an hour into fishing i get a prety good hit and i managed to land my pb carp, weighed just over 13lbs, didnt think there were any big fish left in Grand, heres the pic

IMG_4711.jpg.

Big mouth on this guy

IMG_4712.jpg

About 20 minutes later my rod starts dancing again and this was the result, a little bit smaller

IMG_4713.jpg

Ignore my face in the pics, i was facing sun and could not really open my eyes that much.

After that bite slowed down a little bit, Victor had a decent bite but missed it.

Trevor kept on snagging on rocks every cast so he was getting frustrated.

First two fish were caught on some magic Hungarian honey corn, cant believe stuff actually worked.

After a while decide to switch it to fat dew worms and managed to land one more carp and two suckers.

For some reason my power pro snapped twice during the hook set, i thought this stuff was supposed to be good but hey thats another story.

Thanks again Victor, learned something new yesterday.

Hopefully we catch a big one tomorrow.

Congrats, Marko. That's a mighty fine looking PB.

There definitely are some big fish in the Grand. I've noticed that the guys fishing niblets seem to catch a lot of smaller ones. The 'magic Hungarian corn' obviously pulls in the bigger ones, as do boilies.

Nice looking carp well done.

I still need to get out and fish for them this year.

When would be the best time for carp?

Just came back from Hamilton, and everybody was catching so i would say now is a prety good time to be fishing for them.

Got my ass kicked by them today but Victor managed a few.

Congrats, Marko. That's a mighty fine looking PB.

There definitely are some big fish in the Grand. I've noticed that the guys fishing niblets seem to catch a lot of smaller ones. The 'magic Hungarian corn' obviously pulls in the bigger ones, as do boilies.

I haven't tried boilies on grand yet, i was a little bit skeptical about this magic Hungarian corn at first, thought it was just a rip off, but the stuff was alright. Little bit soft tho but worked ok.

I think I saw you in Hamilton today, i was a tall guy that was beside Victor for most of the day.

I still can't believe how fat that carp's lip is.... i guess they all look like that when they do that with their mouth.

It was amazing today, we gotta do it again sometime. They're calling for rain all day tomorrow so I'll have to reconsider on going since I don't really have rain gear with me in res.

iCarp was the guy who's fishing next to Justin.