Does anyone know??

Dano

My question is, how do you know what size it is? Any advice would be appreciated.

Ask Fern.. she's sure to know! :D

They're in 64ths of an inch Dan.

ie... size 8 = 8/64ths or 1/8"

Edited by irishfield

gallery41a642393345c.jpg

perfection1.gif

You could take the rod to a shop and size it there as well. Done a few and I usually crazyglue the tip on, let set. Then, take 3/0 tying thread and wrap it nice and flush and even over the tip shaft(?) and rod, while applying epoxy. Finish with some more epoxy then for the first hour or so keep an eye how the epoxy is setting and rotate the rod some you don't get lumps in the finish. So far, no probs.

You know what I mean sorta???

Didja stand your rod up in Wayne's boat Dan?

Durn thing has a mind of its own Roy....

Good times Wayne, glad you had that wash pump huh?

Clear as a bell, thanks bunk!

Lol, thanks guys, much appreciated.

Edited by Dano

I had to replace a tip top on a musky rod last year (ceramic eye popped out). It is really easy. The only pain in the butt part was that they use two different units of measurement. Fractions of an inch for the part that fits over the rod (I think) and millimetres for the eye (or maybe the other way around :dunno: ). Other than that? Nothin' to it. :thumbsup_anim:

Just a word of warning. Don't use crazy glue to put on a tip top. You'll only get one shot to put it on straight and it's very hard to get the tip top off without damaging the rod tip.

Use the thermal glue that archers use. It's a golden coloured termal glue. If you don't get the top straight, just reheat and you have a afeww seconds to move the top.

One stick of the stuff will last a life time. I still have half a stick that I got at LaBarons 25 years ago.