Simcoe Perch'n Sun and today - Burr! - pics

Slayingm

Well.. the wind and super cold temps on Sun was one of the worst I experienced on the lake in a awhile. I had guests up from Michigan for 2 days and had not choice but to get them out. I left Beaverton early and headed to my first spot 3km N.W. fishing some deep rock fingers in 24ft. We ended up getting approx. 30 perch but the action slowed and the bite was really soft with the cold front conditions. I decided to head out to one of hard/soft bottom transistion areas in the deeper flats where the fish wood be somewhat blanketed from the pressure change by the deep water.;.. the move was good as the action was steay with good sized fish and my guests were able to limit out. We were fishing 35ft of water.... using a combo of small shiners worked 1-5' off bottom and small hammered jigs in firetiger and blue/silver combos's... tipping the jigs with the 1/2 minnow only was key as was using 2lb line. We went out again today and because of the frontal conditions started deep....... we limited out on Perch by 1:30pm and headed in.

Beaverton must have received 30+cm of snow last night so was glad to have the tracks on the Argo or would have been really tough getting out. Here are a couple of pics from approx. 9:30am this morning under the -20 temps.... thank goodness the winds were down today! :thumbsup_anim:

http://profishntanglingservices.com/MyPict.../000_0242-5.jpg

http://profishntanglingservices.com/MyPict...000_0244-50.jpg

Remember to be safe out there.....Good luck... Greg.

well way to go greg,thats some serious guiding man to be able to limit out this weekend considering the weather changes and fronts that have moved through and it being so dang cold,you definetly earned your money thats for sure,i would recomend you to everybody....congrats :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: