Georgian Bay

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, heard about it from one of my buddies. I've been fishing for most of my life since I was a child and found this forum to be quite informative regarding fishing in ontario. Since pike and walleye opened up on georgian bay yesterday I'm planning to make a trip out there sometime this week. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if they know of any good spots on the south/east part of the bay that would be good for pike? I've never fished Georgian bay before, but I've heard that its a great for pike. Any imput would be appreciated. Cheers. :Gonefishing:

welcome aboard

I was to be fishing the opener yesterday but thought the winds were too high for my boat

but I still can't find the fish

people keep saying there is good fishing, but not for me

I like the challenge so I keep going back

some day I too will find them

Guest gbfisher

lol Terry. Yer nuts. It isnt easy to fish with 60 mph wind gusts!.... :lol: I came home early! :o Still a good day being out.

You can catch pike just about anywhere on Georgian Bay. Pick one Area that you know a bit about and go there.

If you havent been out on the bay before, all I can tell you is to get a good map. Mark out a few spots to try. Spend a few days at it and you should do ok.

Sorry I am not being more specific.

at most of the places I fish on Georgian Bay there are rocky shorelines that come out and then there is a weedline then it drops off, I'd suggest finding the weedline and you should be able to find some pike. Maybe even try trolling the weedlines. If you do this for a few days you should have some success.good luck and welcome to the board.

Waubaushene area can produce pike and walleye. Troll the weeds in Severn sound and you will find pike. Penetanguishene area also produces pike and walleye. Keep an eye out for rocks.

It is early in the season.

Pike and walleye still closed in the rivers.

Tom.

If the public ramp in Victoria Harbour is still active, it will put you into pike territory on Hogg's Bay within seconds of the launch. S-L-O-W your jerkbaits down, and slow roll a white, white/chartreuse spinnerbait, should be into them in no time. Good Luck.

Thanks for the warm welcomes and info everyone. I'll be fishing from shore with the girlfriend and I'll definately try some of the mentioned spots above. Hopefully I get some luck, shes new to fishing and I want her to get her first pike. :Gonefishing: Thanks for the help.