steelheading

drwxr

Went to bowmanville in the morning to the upper part of the creek, though to myself it's monday not too many people have a day off, to my surprise - all good spots were packed with people. Walked around to look for any decent spot, people everywhere, :wallbash: . Didn't even wet the line, went to oshawa instead, below the cn was just me :D . Made few drifts along the river going towards my spot, but didn't connect with anything, not even a sucker. Went to my spot, first drift baaammmmmmm, fish on. With a smile was thinking about people in bowmanville and the hard time they were having drifting in between the lines. Continued fishing in same spot, till 10am i was 5/8, most productive day for me so far in steelheading. Had the pool to myself so was experimenting with baits, pink worms, jigs and roe all produced fish. Still some fresh trout in the rivers.

DSC00797.jpg

Right on!

Lots of fresh fish still... We usually only get into the spent fish dropping back where we fish.. I was surprised to see lots of steelhead still doing their thang..

After these last coupla days though, I'm sure the weather would have sped things up big time.

Looks like I'm going to have to fain death during the week..

cheers

HD

Congrats Efka. Totally sweet fish. I hit up one of my local rivers on my way home after the opener and was really surprised to see none yet in the lower stretches that usually have some around this time of year. Good to see you got into some...Especially without the crowds