Sault Ste.Marie

pike slayer

hey, i went out smelt fishing last night at sucker creek in gawas bay on st. joes island. i was there from 11-1am and me and my buddy both got a 5gallon bucket each, they were mostly all males. i got wayyy more then i'll ever want. i talked to a buddy this morning and he said he hammered them at the chippewa last night. So i suggest anyone wanting to get some smelts head north. good luck out there!

Does anyone in the "Sue" own a camera???

Don't know if they want to be risking their cameras while wading in the middle of the night. Too easy to take a bath :blush:

In past years ( read 1980's) there have been some crazy crowds below the Soo during the smelt run. Glad to hear you can still get a decent haul.

gathered up a couple hundred of them last night here in espanola, got 3 gallons (48 doz) in north bay a week ago and heard algoma mills is, well dead now they have pretty well stopped.

but trust me pike slayer if your name says anything about the pike you catch you'll go through a pile of them for bait. they work great on the lakers too. and usually wait tilll they quit running to put up a report. hahah

good on ya for gettin out

Matt!

Don't know if they want to be risking their cameras while wading in the middle of the night. Too easy to take a bath :blush:

In past years ( read 1980's) there have been some crazy crowds below the Soo during the smelt run. Glad to hear you can still get a decent haul.

I dunno... my camera has a neckstrap on it so it doesn't swim unless I do!

and a pic of 5 gal of Smelt spilled out on the cleaning table would be impressive too!!! :thumbsup_anim:

... always remember!... if it's just words without any pics... it's just a story!!! :rolleyes:

and a pic of 5 gal of Smelt spilled out on the cleaning table would be impressive too!!! :thumbsup_anim:

... always remember!... if it's just words without any pics... it's just a story!!! :rolleyes:

when i get home i'll take a pic off all the plastic baggies of bait for ya glenn!

haha bassasin i saved 6 dozen for pike and laker bait! and GCD we have cameras just none of us can figure out how to post pics on here lol well atleast i cant figure it out! i have piles of them, i cant seem to figure out how to resize them probably and post them and photobucket is annoying as hell. we are a humble folk here, we dont show off our trophy fish. if you seen them you'd be on the next flight here with rod and tackle in hand hahaha jk. maybe one of these days i'll post pics!

always remember it gets old when the same person keeps saying the same thing ;) . Im sure if they wanted to add pictures they would have. To be honest if you want to see a picture that bad just go fill a bucket full of minnows and dump it on your table and show us a pic :)

Edited by Hellfish

always remember it gets old when the same person keeps saying the same thing ;) . Im sure if they wanted to add pictures they would have. To be honest if you want to see a picture that bad just go fill a bucket full of minnows and dump it on your table and show us a pic :)

The poor guys that live where there are no fish like to live through our pictures.

Its sad but just the way it is