How much would you pay for a custom earmold for BT?

wuchikubo

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the mist of determining the demand and pricing for a custom earmold for Bluetooth headsets, such as the Aliph Jawbone II.

I've seen websites from the USA pricing from $65 + other fees to over a $100.

The units are custom made silicone earmolds based on an impression done of your ear then matched to the speaker end of your bluetooth headset.

Soon, if not already, in some areas hands-free will be required while driving. This item is for those who have trouble stabilizing the factory headset in the ear with the ear hook.

Benefits:

- Custom fit is more comfortable for long usage;

- Blocks outside noise;

- more stable than the factory ear hook;

- easy to maintain and washable;

Here's a pic of mine. I actually wear mine with out the ear hook now.

gallery_196_33_15410.jpg

So from all those who would be wearing a bluetooth headset that doesn't fit properly how much would be a reasonable cost before consideration?

Thanks,

Stan

You could just buy an Epoq XW hearing aid for $3585.00 and use the fob for the blue tooth ! Sorry Stan.. couldn't resist. Mom did get her "new ears" btw!

an elderly gentlemans son won a large sum of money and decided to buy pops a new hearing aid. the elder man was bragging to his buddies in the home about it and when asked what kind it was by the man next to him he replied " its 20 to 2"

hahaha

THe jawbone 2 is around $139.99 retail depending where you shop. So including a custom ear mould I'm assuming it will be quite a bit more. I have a Jawbone and BT in my car, the jawbone I don't like as much since there is a piece that has to remain in contact with your cheek to work properly.

You could just buy an Epoq XW hearing aid for $3585.00 and use the fob for the blue tooth ! Sorry Stan.. couldn't resist. Mom did get her "new ears" btw!

I'm glad she has got hearing instruments Wayne, those Epoq XW are definitely nice. I hope some of the info I provided you helped.

THe jawbone 2 is around $139.99 retail depending where you shop. So including a custom ear mould I'm assuming it will be quite a bit more. I have a Jawbone and BT in my car, the jawbone I don't like as much since there is a piece that has to remain in contact with your cheek to work properly.

Mine doesn't make constant contact with my cheek and works fine. The price of the earmold would be separate from the bluetooth headset.

So far no one has given me any suggestion on the price they would consider reasonable for the custom mold. Anyone?

I'm glad she has got hearing instruments Wayne, those Epoq XW are definitely nice. I hope some of the info I provided you helped.

Yes was a great help Stan. Took her awhile to commit to it.. but all the info helped push her to do so. A pile of money.. but in the grand scheme of things be just great that she can understand her grandchildren/greatgrandchildren.. and us.. for a change ! Actually back to attending church and she can hear what's going on...

Edited by irishfield

"Free" to all OFNers has a nice ring to it! LOL, sorry, I have no idea what these things would be worth but I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a more intelligent response.

I would if I could get them all for free too.

Alas, this is not the case and there would have to be a cost.

But I will work out something for all OFNers. :D