The stock market (NF)

danc

So 40% of 40%.. you're up 16.. or still down 24? Guess I'll have to take a peek tonight... hate to.. it always puts me in a foul mood !

I hear ya Wayne. I hated to look for the longest time too. But it might lift your spirits to have a quick peak right now. There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon.

I stopped my automatic biweekly contributions in the middle of last year because I didn't think the markets wouldn't do anything but go down. When the RSP deadline came last month, I plunked down the whole wad to max out. I'm glad i did that way because that particular portfolio did nothing but drop after every contribution until recently. It felt like I was trying to fill a bath tub with the stopper pulled out.

I kept buy right thru the down turn dividend paying stocks only.

Stopped buying 2 weeks ago as the market is getting way ahead of it's self. Will tank before summer then rally thru the summer and tank large in the fall and thats when I will start buying again.

Garnet

Think 'W'.

We dropped like a stone and have recovered some but we'll drop again in the near future. It's still time to think defensive on your portfolio. I don't know if we'll test the bottom again but there is a drop coming, later this year we might see a sustainable recovery. If you are dollar cost averaging, don't worry about it, you'll be fine.