Another salt water report.

BillM

Spent the last 6 days down in sunny Florida, soaking up the sun getting a tan and doing a bit of fishing. The weather down there this year has been pretty cold, when we landed in Florida on Tuesday it was 60 degrees :) The water was also extremely dirty compared to what is was the last time I was down there. None the less the oldman and I made it out to our fav spot (Honeymoon Island State Park) and tried our best. First couple of days netted us nothing but small grunts and blue runners. We did find some rocks and the oldman hooked into a few small sheephead..

Florida09002.jpg

Florida09003.jpg

These fish have some wicked teeth, used to crush the shells of their food. Keep your fingers away..

The last day of our trip and there was a good 20mph SW wind that pushed in the warmer water and the fish. We pretty much hammered ladyfish and whitings the entire day. I did get a bonus pompano and my oldman got a jack about 3-4lbs. That took a good 20 mins to bring in :) Along with the ladies and whitings, we picked up some spanish mackerel. I was bit off twice by something that had a lot of weight, my guess was either a big mackerel or a bonnethead shark. Caught two of them last year, but no sharks this year unfortunately.

Florida09022.jpg

Florida09023.jpg

Florida09024.jpg

Florida09025.jpg

Although the warm water was nice and getting a tan was even better, I'm ready to get back to steelhead slaying.

Great bait report Bill!!! ;)

Seriously though, the Pomp, Convict Fish, and Whiting will make a nice fry!!!... the Spics are excellent on the grill!!! :P

Just thinking aboot the salt air and surf makes my sticker peck out!!! :wub:

Thanks for posting that bit of saline aphrodisiac!!!...boy-yoy-yoy-ying!!! :w00t:

Edited by GCD

Great bait report Bill!!! ;)

Seriously though, the Pomp, Convict Fish, and Whiting will make a nice fry!!!... the Spics are excellent on the grill!!! :P

Just thinking aboot the salt air and surf makes my sticker peck out!!! :wub:

Thanks for posting that bit of saline aphrodisiac!!!...bo-yoy-yoy-ying!!! :w00t:

Lay off the blue pills DAWG.

thanks for the pics Bill

Lay off the blue pills DAWG.

thanks for the pics Bill

Hey Mike!... lookit the little bunny oner there!!! ;)

... so, if someone should happen to catch a bigger/more fish than you... what should you do with the net eh??? :dunno:

Not only is it a landing device,,, but an unhooking device as well!!! :thumbsup_anim:

... poor poor bly!... if only she'd had a competent net person eh?

... bring a gaff next time eh Mikey? ;)

... get off of that damn hook!... you nice little fish!!!

Edited by GCD