grand river adventures

drwxr

So, i went to dunville with my two friends, after some plan changes made it out on sunday afternoon. Got there around 2.30 in the afternoon, set up the rods and the waiting game started. Was pretty windy and the wind just kept increasing. at around 6pm with no fish and no bites on our end decided to call it a day and seven o'clock start packing. One of my friends took off right at six, it was just too cold and windy for him. Anyway as we are waiting the last few minutes for anything to bite, a boat pulls over close to the rocks and after small chat a guy invites us on his boat fish together, since he wasn't getting anything major into the boat either. So Jerry being very kind and eager to help us out to land some fish takes us further from shore and minutes later him and my friend have a double header.

DSC00846.jpg

we started getting bites every few minutes, and pulling out decent sice fish out of the water.

DSC00848.jpg

So about two hours into the game Steve (Fishmaster) rides along showing us a gill net he found somewhere by the dam, respect to him for taking care of the river from idiots. After quick chat he guides us to try out little down the river where other boats were producing fish all day. After we anchored further down the river not even a minute later i have a fish on.

DSC00852.jpg

Shortly after Jerry hooks into one, short silence and with his heavy action rod bent all the way he screams: IT'S A TANK!!!!! it was a great fight, unfortunately he lost a fish 3 ft from the boat. oh well, anyways it was big, my guess in 20lbs range.

We pull out some more cats in 10-16lbs range and Jerry once again hooks into something big. This time the kitty was landed marking ~21lbs on the lipgrip scale. This one was a real fatty. This was definitely a fish of the day, and his personal best going up from 12lbs.

DSC00854.jpg

Pulled out a few more and decided to say buy to grand river catfis hand called it a day.

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

Close to 35 cats landed between 3 of us in less than 4 hours. What an awesome day, was close to getting skunked, but was saved by fellow fishermen and we all had a blast on the water. Always a pleassure.

Edited by efka

so it was "you" guys that were the "its a tank, its a tank" boat. :D

we were just down from you guys....

we heard the first "its a tank" then the silence that followed.

then we heard the "its a tank" again...this time with high fives and pictures...we were cheering ya on!

just after you netted your "its a tank" fish, i caught a "its a tank" fish...

my personal best as well...looks like the cousin to your 20lbs'er.

good job.

• 5 weeks later...