Spring suckers

bigugli

It was a beautiful day despite the cold winds. It was also a day where both my kids wanted to get out and beat a local stream that has a good sucker run. Armed with ultralites, carp corn (from Hammercarp) and synthetic roe and away we go. Only took 10 minutes to find the first pod.

Now I do admit I'm a stubborn cuss and I shouldn't be working streams any more. I don't have adequate motor control in the legs, But we've been doing this for years. I hook into the first sucker and one moment I'm on the bank, next instant I'm half in the stream. Serves me right :P

DSCN2398.jpg

He was still worth it. The daughter did camera duty while the son and I caught a few more.

DSCN2399.jpg

DSCN2403.jpg

DSCN2404.jpg

It was fun just to be together without a care in the world, even if Dad is a putz. Still had a good laugh, and managed to keep the camera dry(I've drowned a few).

Kept a couple of suckers for cat bait.

Great report and pics Bruce :thumbsup_anim:

Good on ya for getting the kids out and tackle a local stream for some carping :clapping:

Looks like fun was had by every kids including you LOL

Nothing like spending quality time with family..... those are the best moments :clapping:

Thanks for sharing this moment with us!!!!

Jacques

I've heard those Pucker Lipped Trout are decent table fare, why don't you give them a try?

... I triple Dawg dare ya!!! ;)

In cold water, at this time of year, they actually are pretty good. Also have had them pickled, like a herring, some years back.